Special characters.

1. Catherine

Catherine Active Member

You can type special characters such as

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Great hint...and I'll bite...how did you capture the screens?
  3. blambu56

blambu56 Well-Known Member

Yes please someone explain how the screen is captured. All i can think of is that its a feature on the developer version.
  4. I'm guessing root access?
  5. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

6. Tomcat7194

Tomcat7194 New Member

I, too, was enamored with Android screenshots when I first saw them on a couple of blogs :)

I found that installing the SDK and whatnot took less than 15 mins. The only annoyance is that, since it requires being connected via USB, you can't take screenshots of anything which uses the SD card, so no Pictures folder, etc.

Back to the original topic, though, there's a lot of special characters on Android...I discovered them by mistake by pressing down the S key for too long. Nice if you want to talk about foreign currencies and whatnot.
  7. Ketan Jani

Ketan Jani New Member

Can some one tell me how to get a _ ( underscore ) on the keypad ?

8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

First press and hold the Alt key then the 'E' key ...

This is the same as any of the symbols in the color of the ALT key ...
  9. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

Great tip! I admitted defeat whilst looking for the special characters last night.
    Thanks!
  10. johnfernandez

johnfernandez New Member

Hi...
    I read your post,So it is very wonderful information that you have provided.I like your thought for sharing the information for characters.Many of us may unknown about these features.So please continue of sharing the information.Thank you for the post...
  11. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

About the "
  12. Verbal

Verbal Active Member

Apologies for having to ask such a simple question but could someone explain how I can change the dollar sign to a gbp pound sign on my keyboard?
  13. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Depending on the keyboard install and in use ... in some cases long-pressing will bring up an option list of characaters that can be selected ...

You amy also want to ckeck you settings for Locale ..
  14. smartymcsmarty

smartymcsmarty New Member

What about the trademark symbol - the R in a circle? Anybody know how to get that one to work on android phones?