Special Keys and Hidden MenusTips

Last Updated: 2010-05-25 18:58:48
  1. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Hopefully root will come soon; however until then, it would be nice to find all of the special keys and commands that do stuff to the Backflip. I have seen each of these in many different places and wanted to put them in one. So far, this is what I have found. If you know of more, post it and I'll add it here. I did not figure thses out, just putting them in one place for reference. I hope to add more menus like *#*#4636#*#* (this does not work on the backflip) soon

Safe Mode
    With the phone off press and hold the Menu key on the keyboard (not the screen) and turn on the phone. Keep holding the menu button until you are at the desktop. You will see the "Safe Mode" in the bottom left corner letting you know.

Safe mode disables and removes all non OEM apps (they are still there just hidden and turned off) This will allow you to use the phone, remove the apps or Hard Reset if an app starts causing issues with your phone.

Bootloader USB Init (used for root or flash?)
    With the phone off press and hold the J and D keys on the keyboard and turn on the phone. Keep holding the J and D keys until the phone starts. It will go to a blue screen within 2-3 seconds of starting the phone.

Not sure yet, most likley another way to flash/restore the firmware.

Fast Boot (For hard reset if you loose your MotoBlur sign in Info)
    With the phone off press and hold the camera key and turn on the phone. Keep holding the camera key until the phone starts.

Option 1. Press the Vol Down (Menu is backwards) to enter Verbose Boot (it will sit at that screen for 15 seconds). Wait about 30-45 seconds after the ! triangle appers. Tap the lower right corner of the screen (just above the arrow head on the back icon) to bring up the flash update, reboot or hard reset menu.

Option 2. Press the Vol Up (Menu is backwards) to enter fast boot mode.

Not sure yet

From backflipforums.com

Advertisement
    ChefNsm likes this.