specific text notifications moto droid

Last Updated:

1. jony317

jony317 Member This Topic's Starter

am i re tarded(dont answer that)? y cant i assign different ringtones for different contacts for texting? this seems like a simple feature on a very hi tech phone but where is this option? isnt it 2010? we can assign ringtones for phone calls but not for texts? doesnt make sense, any1 figure this out? droid user

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

A program called "missed call" will allow you to set a specific ringtone for a contact.

3. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

handcent will also allow you to do the same.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Handcent or stompSMS will give you unique notification tones for contacts. I had handcent, but it starting causing issues, so I switched to stompSMS and haven't looked back. (No offense to handcent lovers.) Both are so much more customizable than the stock messaging app, it's not even funny.

5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

i believe it is chompSMS

what issues did you have with handcent? I just installed it yesterday after holding out for 3 weeks. in general I don't like apps meant to replace a stock app. On WinMo I always found them to be sluggish and never error free. But i'm trying to have a different mindset on Android and give them a try. So far I really like the customizations available in handcent and haven't noticed any slow down.