Speck Cover - Available through Verizonwireless.comAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is the first I've seen this case for the Inc.
    Admitedly, it doesn't appear to be the most attractive online, but I'd like to see it in person & I'm curious if the cases's accents are the same as the Inc. red . . . so I went ahead & ordered one and if I don't like it, I'll return it within my 30 days.
    [​IMG]
    Set Your Location

Advertisement
  2. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

There was another thread about this a while back, I can't remember if anyone ordered it though.

Make sure you take pictures and report back, thanks for being the guinea pig!

3. Christian15

Christian15 Well-Known Member

Was going to get it til I heard about how easy the back scratched. Got a white seidio active case instead. The buttons ate much easier to press than they are on the speck also, although the speck is a sweet looking case

4. Christian15

Christian15 Well-Known Member

And yes its a red in person, similar to a red plastic cup. I thought it was awesome in person.

5. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has it, it's very nice. I personally think the Active is a little better feel, but I think it will come down to preference.

6. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

That is a great looking case, but I'm turned off by the easy scratching!
    Seidio Active for the win!

7. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Yep, I bought this case a few weeks back and posted pictures of it. Loved it, but the case scratched SUPER easy and the buttons were wicked hard to press (volume and power). So I returned it. For $30 I expected more. Back to waiting on Otterbox.

8. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LOL, hopefully you haven't moved on to your next phone by the time Otterbox comes through (like maybe the Incredible 2?)

9. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

I just got one today. Really good looking cover.

10. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! I've had the black vzw silicone cover it since day 1 so its still protected.

11. greenro89

greenro89 Member

I've been carrying my phone naked since I first got it since I'm very picky when it comes to cases. I really like this one, but I wish that the buttons weren't so dang hard to push on it.

12. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I've had my Speck case for a few weeks now. Much better than those cheap two piece cases. As for those complaining about how hard the buttons are to push, I think in time they will loosen up a bit with use as mine's not that bad at all after a few weeks of use.

13. novenom

novenom Member

I just picked this case up today and i have the otterbox between the two i prefer the speck it looks and feels better to me. The buttons are not that hard to press they are easier on the otter box but i think that will change as it breaks in. Now don't get me wrong the otterbox is a good case as well but it is definetly bulkier. In comparision the speck is a smidge larger than the verizon glossy silicone case.I don't think you can go wrong with either case it all comes down to personal preferance.

14. radtechy

radtechy Well-Known Member

i have the speck candyshell and love it!!! so what it scratches who cares its a case to protect your phone and thats what it does. i prefer it over the otterbox commuter when i had my iphone i hated how the silicone would always move and collect dust

just my 0.02

15. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I just got my Speck in the mail today. I love the case on my friend's iPhone, but holy **** I did not realize pressing the unlock and volume buttons would take this much effort. It's literally insane. The engineers ****ed this one up!

My question is, does this break-in at all? Do the buttons get easier to push? I would think they would.

And I also have to say it scratches way too easily. I could have made a case out of butterfly wings and it would have been more scratch resistant!