"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" Tactical RPG

Last Updated: 2011-03-10 03:53:24
  1. hyperdevbox

hyperdevbox Well-Known Member

Hi Everybody ,

We are very excited to share a sneak Preview Video (work in progress) of "Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" a Tactical RPG coming end of this year for android. The game is a full scale Tactical RPG with hundreds of hours of gameplay packed with Hires Graphic for all fan of the Spectral Souls Characters and for all the others who are waiting for a tactical RPG on android. We will be presenting "Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" (Beta) along with our ExZeus arcade at the next Google developer day in Tokyo this coming Tuesday (28th September).

Youtube link :

YouTube - "Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" Android - GamePlay video (work in progress)

This is really a work in progress so there is still a lot to finish and hard work to do but we are very happy and excited to bring that franchise on android :)

Advertisement
    Graus, brianem, darmach and 2 others like this.
  2. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

Is this on another platform already? Looks super promising. Can't wait for it to come to android.
  3. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Looks really good!
  4. Hisiru

Hisiru Member

Woow! Amazing! This is exactly what I want, a game like Final Fantasy Tactics. I hope its hard and the storyline is good. If you can upgrade your skills using certain weapons (similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics system) I will be a happy panda.

Also, I am not complaining but you guys should pay attention to the songs/sounds/soundtrack, any mistake and you can make an annoying soundtrack, which is even more noticeable in this kind of game.

But hey! This game looks amazing, I can't wait for the beta!
  5. hyperdevbox

Thank you :)

Yes, the universe of "Spectral Souls" is already available on PS2 / PSP / PS3 and Xbox360 in Japan. Android will be the first mobile platform to get this kind/genre of Tactical RPG.
  6. hyperdevbox

The game will be as deep and hard as one could expect from a Final Fantasy Tactics on mobile if it was existing, this is really a big RPG game packed with lot of graphics for a mere total of 1GB data so be sure to have some space left on your SDCARD ;)

About the soundtrack, that is be cause it is not finished yet and it is missing the Sound Effect, at the end the balance will be different, the game has more than 50 original quality musics, so it will be anything but boring ;) , we will have also cut-scene videos (not yet implemented on that preview).

Yes, the game has an extensive "synthetize" system for weapons and skills, and you can upgrade them along your journey, you can play also with different characters and even swap from 3 different armies on the main map, the game is very deep and packed with lot of drama & plot :)
  7. Hisiru

Hisiru Member

Amazing! This game is already a must buy for me! Release the beta now!

@Edit
    Omg... 1gb? Seriously? This game is gonna be epic! :D

I wonder if the full version will be released this year and if the game will cost less than 10 bucks. I hope so!
  8. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Omg awesome game! Also, the music rocks! Instant buy once released! Also, 1gb on the sd card is no problem if it means a very high quality game such as this
  9. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Wow, instant purchase for me, no doubt about it!
  10. slippknot

slippknot Well-Known Member

same here...

just hope it appears in market or appbrain for easier purchase..
    i am seriously doubting handango service now
  11. Scrav

Scrav Active Member

Ah it looks like it has a dark and gritty feel like the Vandal Hearts series. I love a good SRPG (though FFT might be an exception).
  12. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

This game looks amazing!

I want this game! This could actually be my first Android Market purchase ever!
  13. Illuminator

Illuminator Active Member

Looks awesome; unfortunately, it also looks like it won't run on my Sprint Hero. In such a case, will you guys have an option for more simplistic graphics on lower end phones?
  14. smroark

smroark Well-Known Member

There are many people (indcluding Devs) from the Blackberry community that REFUSE to use Handango because of their service and their agreements with the Devs.
  15. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who has played the game? Well here we go. If you like tactical RPGs, you should like this one. Now someone asked, or mentioned, they hope its hard and long. It's long alright, it took me upwards of 75 hours to beat on the psp, but I did all the side stuff I could find.

Is it hard? Not really. Here's the thing, once you get a feel for the system, it is easy to manipulate. So it can be hard, especially at first, but once you understand how to set up combos and group attacks it gets a lot easier. Once you are leveled up a bit, you can start one shotting mobs. By one shotting, I mean you move two or three characters and start up a chain and the mob is dead. Chain attacks can hit 100+ times, and get ridiculous damage (there are videos of like 17 million damage, but I never bothered with that)...but they look really cool.

I still recommend getting this game, as I really enjoyed it. There are A LOT of characters you can get and use (some of which are really bad ass), different endings, and you can switch empires on the fly. Switching empires isn't necessarily what it sounds like it is, it's more like you play all empires and kind of meet in the middle (or towards the end). So it isn't you picking one side and going that route, you will play all sides. How you play them and in what order has an impact on the story and overall ending.

I hope a lot of people pick this up, so they port over the rest of the series. So far in America, its just this (on PSP) and Spectral Force 3 on the 360. I think this one counts as part 2, so we are missing part 1 in the US that I'm aware of. There's a Spectral Force Genesis on the DS also, came out a few months back, but it's a different type of Strategy game (I haven't played it).

If anyone has questions about it, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as best I can remember, it's been like two years since I played it.
    verona222 likes this.
  16. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

looks awesome.
  17. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

Looking forward to playing it :D Not looking forward to waiting for it :(
  18. smroark

smroark Well-Known Member

Id love to Beta Test this if you are willing to release the beta to public for testing :D
  19. hyperdevbox

Thank you very much all, we have introduced today the game at the google developer's day in Tokyo and the demo received a huge interest from all attendees (with even a sneak preview of the game during the "Keynote" ) , we are so exciting to bring such of game to android and to all the fan of Tactical RPG in general, our release date is scheduled for end of this year so hopefully not that long to wait considering the size of the game :)
    mrmojoz likes this.
  20. bealsy

bealsy Active Member

Are you going to be setting up a US/UK android account so those of us with unsupported debit cards for yen purchases can buy it too? :)

Then I can buy ExZeus too!
  21. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

Looks great, I will pick this up as well.
  22. hyperdevbox

Got the message ;)
    bealsy likes this.
  23. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

will this run on the snapdragon GPU for example on the Nexus One?
  24. Anderdroid

Anderdroid Member

Dude this is GOD.
  25. hyperdevbox

yes :)