Spectrum UpdateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. srad2drag

srad2drag Well-Known Member

I'm currently upgrading my phone with the 2.3.6 update. I was waiting on the OTA but since that was not available, you can do it through your pc with the LG software.
    Thanks to ferndog75 on android central for this tidbit..

2. badrsj

badrsj Well-Known Member

Hello, Im very interested if you could write a few lines on the 2.3.6 update, what is better. Please also tell me where is this PC tool to update, where can I download this. Thanks
  3. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

anybody getting an OTA?
  4. srad2drag

srad2drag Well-Known Member

This is whats in the update here:

As far as the software goes, When I connected my phone to the pc it asked me to download the LG software
  5. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

The LG software/updater allows you to flash the latest version of Android for our phones and I believe it's the same as what you can take OTA.
  6. mrmooney

mrmooney Well-Known Member

Mine is getting the ota update as is my wifes, updating now.
  7. Supraman401

Supraman401 Member

I upgraded earlier today, it works well, obviously it takes away root access but the One Click program still works on this update. After rooting and installing some of my normal programs I noticed that the cpu is clocked to 1512 by default (I think the old OTA software was at 1.2???).
    I ran Antutu and got a score of 6434, which is pretty good for stock running at 1.5, and considering I haven't removed any bloat or anything yet. Looking forward to seeing what this update is actually capable of.
  8. balefire

balefire Active Member

9. mrmooney

mrmooney Well-Known Member

Sweet mine failed the OTA and was stuck in recovery had to go back to stock v4 and trying again. hopefully my wifes doesnt mess up as well.
  10. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Can somebody get me a nandroid backup after applying this update?
  11. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I'm currently grabbing the .cab file and will have a nandroid for you shortly.

Edit: stock nandroid acquired. uploading now.
  12. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

brianmaedche likes this.
  13. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

14. badrsj

badrsj Well-Known Member

Sorry for what may be a novice question, how do I use the bin file. Thanks.
  15. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I would not suggest that you do. The bin file is linked there for the dev's to see what files are being patched. Wait for an official Rom to come out or revert to stock V4 and take the OTA update.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  16. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Gah, updating thru CWM left the SW version at V4, even thou everything else updated. I'm going to have to try again thru .cab file.
  17. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

P.S. one click root works fine on V6.
  18. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

BTW, if anyone gets stuck in recovery, apply the CWM bootloop fix zip file. You're boot looping because the update sets the same flag as using the button combo to get into recovery (it just sets that flag to a different number is all)
  19. Excellent :)
  20. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I would grab the all in one package again as it sounds like you are missing a file from inside it. Also, as silly as this may be, ensure that debugging is still enabled on your phone as the update may have changed that setting for you.
  21. Ok Thanks! :)
  22. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

I'm just glad to see Bing is no longer the default search engine.
  23. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

Multiple people have reported being able to root again after the V6 update.... strange. More quirks of the deivce?
  24. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I do not disagree that you are following the instructions, but here is what your own logs are showing:

* failed to start daemon *

That message right there has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with ADB. If it was the phone, then the daemon would start and would say waiting for phone. If possible, try running "adb shell" on it's own and seeing if you can connect to your phone. If not, then it is definitely ADB. If it does connect, then there is another issue that has not been address yet.
    ImAndroidNinja likes this.
  25. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Well-Known Member

This may just be a noob observation but what if you are introducing old code in the mix? What if you did a backup of what you need, then did a clean wipe and then tried again...

Again....Nooooooob here....don't flame me bro....but what if.