Speed comparison Overclocked droid Vs N1

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone able to make a short video showing a speed comparison in browser, phone usage backgrounds etc comparing a 1ghz droid vs an N1?

I'd be very curious as to how fast it really makes the phone. All these delays for the N1 and Incredible are making me consider Ocing the droid.

I may be in the minority but I really liked having the keyboard.

I just didn't like it opening in my pocket.

Advertisement
  2. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a rooted and overclocked N1 vs Overclocked Droid to 1Ghz PERFERABLY 1.2Ghz.. That would be interesting!

Loading the following websites:

Engadget
    Cnn.com
    Newyorktimes.com

And whatever else you'd like..

That would be a good comparison! :)

Nice thread starter too!

3. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I am sorry that I am unable to make a video comparison, but I can just tell you from experience that the difference is remarkable. If you only use a couple of shortcuts and a widget or two, scroll through screens you won't notice it. But once you start filling screens with widgets and experience the stuttering you will definitely see the difference just increasing the clock speed to 800, let alone 1200. Browsing the web is much faster as well.

I can't tell you which is faster by comparison, but I can tell you that it is plenty fast enough, and any difference is probably unnoticeable.

Also, I don't think the nexus one can overclock as high as the droid as of right now at least.

4. andrew53517

Wait so the Droid is faster? Or the N1? Sorry I just got a little confused at which device you were talking about some times.. haha.

5. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am referring to the Droid. Like I said...I have never seen a side by side comparison nor know anybody with an N1 to make a video. But I don't think the Nexus can overclock as high as the Droid. And if there is any difference I am sure it is very small and unnoticeable. I have 7 screens with quite a few widgets, etc. and the screen transitions at 1ghz are smooth as butter. I just loaded up newyorktimes.com for the first time like the above poster requested and I was able to start scrolling in 5 seconds and it fully rendered in about 9 seconds.

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yes, also, the N1 has some critical flaws that I would not be able to overlook. The main one being a falsetto 800x480 resolution that results in fuzzy text:

Secrets of the Nexus One's screen: science, color, and hacks

I think anyone looking for an Android "superphone" should wait for the EVO 4G. Otherwise, the Droid and N1 are at the same level, IMO.

7. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

I may be able to make this happen this weekend, my friend just got an N1, and this seems like a great idea. I know a stock N1 didn't come close to my oc'd droid on benchmarks from setcpu, but he has since oc'd (I think). We're gonna doing some outside work (read: drinking) at my sisters house tomorrow, so I'll bring it up and see what we can do.

Any other suggestions, other than what was already mentioned?

8. SeismicWorm

SeismicWorm Member

Last I heard, the N1 can only go as high as 1.13 GHz, while I've seen the Droid go as high as 1.33 GHz. Looks like the Droid's cpu has more leeway than the N1's. Just throwing it out there.

9. andrew53517

Basically, take his max (1.13, or just 1Ghz is fine) vs our 1Ghz. And then do a video with 1.2Ghz (or your max). Try to load about 2 - 3 web pages over WIFI with each one so it's more accurate. Umm.. clear cache, history and all that good stuff and you'll be making an awesome video my friend! :D Thanks a bunch! That'd be awesome!