• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speed comparison Overclocked droid Vs N1

Germwise

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
Is anyone able to make a short video showing a speed comparison in browser, phone usage backgrounds etc comparing a 1ghz droid vs an N1?

I'd be very curious as to how fast it really makes the phone. All these delays for the N1 and Incredible are making me consider Ocing the droid.

I may be in the minority but I really liked having the keyboard.

I just didn't like it opening in my pocket.

I am sorry that I am unable to make a video comparison, but I can just tell you from experience that the difference is remarkable. If you only use a couple of shortcuts and a widget or two, scroll through screens you won't notice it. But once you start filling screens with widgets and experience the stuttering you will definitely see the difference just increasing the clock speed to 800, let alone 1200. Browsing the web is much faster as well.

I can't tell you which is faster by comparison, but I can tell you that it is plenty fast enough, and any difference is probably unnoticeable.

Also, I don't think the nexus one can overclock as high as the droid as of right now at least.

Upvote 0
I am sorry that I am unable to make a video comparison, but I can just tell you from experience that the difference is remarkable. If you only use a couple of shortcuts and a widget or two, scroll through screens you won't notice it. But once you start filling screens with widgets and experience the stuttering you will definitely see the difference just increasing the clock speed to 800, let alone 1200. Browsing the web is much faster as well.

I can't tell you which is faster by comparison, but I can tell you that it is plenty fast enough, and any difference is probably unnoticeable.

Also, I don't think the nexus one can overclock as high as the droid as of right now at least.

Wait so the Droid is faster? Or the N1? Sorry I just got a little confused at which device you were talking about some times.. haha.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I am referring to the Droid. Like I said...I have never seen a side by side comparison nor know anybody with an N1 to make a video. But I don't think the Nexus can overclock as high as the Droid. And if there is any difference I am sure it is very small and unnoticeable. I have 7 screens with quite a few widgets, etc. and the screen transitions at 1ghz are smooth as butter. I just loaded up newyorktimes.com for the first time like the above poster requested and I was able to start scrolling in 5 seconds and it fully rendered in about 9 seconds.

Upvote 0
I may be able to make this happen this weekend, my friend just got an N1, and this seems like a great idea. I know a stock N1 didn't come close to my oc'd droid on benchmarks from setcpu, but he has since oc'd (I think). We're gonna doing some outside work (read: drinking) at my sisters house tomorrow, so I'll bring it up and see what we can do.

Any other suggestions, other than what was already mentioned?

Upvote 0
I may be able to make this happen this weekend, my friend just got an N1, and this seems like a great idea. I know a stock N1 didn't come close to my oc'd droid on benchmarks from setcpu, but he has since oc'd (I think). We're gonna doing some outside work (read: drinking) at my sisters house tomorrow, so I'll bring it up and see what we can do.

Any other suggestions, other than what was already mentioned?

Basically, take his max (1.13, or just 1Ghz is fine) vs our 1Ghz. And then do a video with 1.2Ghz (or your max). Try to load about 2 - 3 web pages over WIFI with each one so it's more accurate. Umm.. clear cache, history and all that good stuff and you'll be making an awesome video my friend! :D Thanks a bunch! That'd be awesome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones