• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speed Dial feature

dug13

Sep 7, 2010
Is there ANY way to assing a # on the dial pad to speed dial a contact? I want to do a long press on a number say#3 and it will auto dial the contact assinged to it. I cant figure it out. If I long hold a number it just says NO SPEED DIAL ENTRY. This is driving me NUTS. I have The Epic BTW>
Plz help
Dug13

Once you have the dial pad on the screen, press the menu key. From the menu select speed dial setting. Once here tap the number that you want to be assigned to a contact. After tapping it, you should be taken to your contact list to choose the contact you want assigned to this number. Once you choose the contact, their name should show on the speed dial pad on that particular position. Then hit the back button and that will take you back to the dial pad. You are now ready to long press the number you assigned to dial your contact

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones