Speed DialSupport

Last Updated:

1. Aychdot

Aychdot Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, I Know there are speed dial apps out there. I was just wondering was it not included on the phone. There is a speed dial button on the #1 keypad for the voicemail, but we have visual voicemail. So why give us an unneeded speed dial and not let us have access to the rest of them.

Anyone have any answers?

Advertisement
  2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

haven't seen anything to really map keys for things in general (another +1 for PalmOS). Would love to ditch Nuance on that side button and turn it into a silent quick profile.

3. Aychdot

Bump/Help!

I really want my speed dials on the dialer!

4. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

I was missing my speed dials as well when I switched over from BB, but I got used to just using the contacts list. Basically works the same way as speed dials. I guess it could be a pain if you have a hundred contacts listed though.

5. Aychdot

I have a bunch of contacts on my phone and the ones I dial most often are scattered and you can't trust the favorites list. But, I like to keep my top 8 or 9 numbers right there on the dialer. Since the put the one there for voicemail, they should have left the others. This is about the biggest of my problems with the phone.

6. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Well-Known Member

Why can't you trust the favorites list? I have never had any problem with it. And in the favorites list below the contacts I have designated as favorites, the phone automatically places other frequently called numbers.

7. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

You could label them with numbers at the beginning of their names, so they are always on top of your contact list.

I did that with ones I use less frequent, yet start with letters like "A". I would called it something like xArchie.......then it would go to the bottom.