• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speed dialer Issues

I am having the exact same problem. Have tried setting speed dials from selecting the contact>Menu>Set Speed Dial and from Phone>menu>speed dial and it acts normal up until save and when you go to use the speed dial, didn't save the setting. Going back into the speed dial section, shows only 1 as having a number tied to it.

I have tried searching for a few days now for a solution and can't find anything.
Any help would be greatly appreicated!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was having the same issue. Did a factory reset last night and now it's working beautifully and saving all speed dials. Phone is also running smoother after reset. Some things were freezing or bugging out just a little bit after the update. Will be resetting the wife's phone tonight. Just back up all your apps and contacts and you'll be good. It's like a brand new, snappier phone.

Reactions: techdad
Upvote 0
I have purchased MyBackup Pro. I will try to backup everything and reset to Factory spect. I assume the bakcup app will keep all my apps and settings, and I can restore them with relative ease? I am updating all of my apps right now. I hope this isn't more lost time. It's all been extremely time consuming---

You may want to make sure your contacts are "Google" type contacts as well.

Upvote 0
The Factory Reset corrected all the little bugs that the upgrade to 2.1 caused on my Eris, such as Speed Dial and Weather Gadget problems. Backing up and restoring was somewhat time consuming, though. (Thanks for the backup advice! MyBackup Pro is a very nice app.) Unfortunately, my first Factory Reset action failed to restore 3G when it came back up, causing some headaches. I was relieved to find that the Verizon tech support person was very good at troubleshooting. Once the device was restored, I spent the rest of the evening re-doing settings and --since I some email in folders disappeared--learning the difference between the HTC Mail app behavior (POP) and the GMail app behavior. :)

Upvote 0
The Factory Reset corrected all the little bugs that the upgrade to 2.1 caused on my Eris, such as Speed Dial and Weather Gadget problems. Backing up and restoring was somewhat time consuming, though. (Thanks for the backup advice! MyBackup Pro is a very nice app.) Unfortunately, my first Factory Reset action failed to restore 3G when it came back up, causing some headaches. I was relieved to find that the Verizon tech support person was very good at troubleshooting. Once the device was restored, I spent the rest of the evening re-doing settings and --since I some email in folders disappeared--learning the difference between the HTC Mail app behavior (POP) and the GMail app behavior. :)

Glad to hear it.

Upvote 0
Got this from another forum:

Clearing application data for the following two fixed this problem WITHOUT factory reset (note you lose contacts and call history).

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Dialer
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Contacts Storage

Have you TRIED this yourself? Or, what forum did you read this on?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I use My Backup Pro and you can backup System Settings and Android Home. That kept my screens the same. Not sure if that's what you're looking for?

I've got My Backup Pro ...

but i use the HTC Sense, not Android Home. That's the stuff i want to keep ...

Also, when i did the OTA upgrade, i lost some info in my Contacts (the addresses, not the phone numbers). I don't use google contacts, they are
"phone" contacts, which i sync with my MS Outlook using HTC Sync.

Thankfully i had a backup of my OUtlook file, because when i synced the phone to the outlook the first time after the upgrade, the syncing recognized that the addresses had been "updated", and thus removed the addresses from Outlook.

Upvote 0
Got this from another forum:

Clearing application data for the following two fixed this problem WITHOUT factory reset (note you lose contacts and call history).

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Dialer
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Contacts Storage
I did this today, as my speed dials were gone. This worked for me! Don't factory reset, try this first, you'll just need to resync your contacts and then do the speed dials. YAY! Thanks to Zzyzx for finding this on another forum. Saves time from having to do a factory reset.

Reactions: JimmyRayBob
Upvote 0
I did this today, as my speed dials were gone. This worked for me! Don't factory reset, try this first, you'll just need to resync your contacts and then do the speed dials. YAY! Thanks to Zzyzx for finding this on another forum. Saves time from having to do a factory reset.

Katee -

Thank you VERY MUCH for trying this. I was a big chicken and wanted someone else to try it first. It worked perfectly!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones