Speed up Galaxy SSupport

1. GS9000

GS9000 Active Member

Hi guys, i just got my Galaxy S yesterday, but already lagging today, about 10secs, running JG1.
    Reading enormous posts here i came to know GS can be given speed boost using many ways, but since im noobie, i do not know how to go about it and afraid may not work.

I found this very helpful site (not sure if already done by others) but just wanted to share as installation is a breeze, just dont forget that on the very first time it requires reboot, press the up+power+menu button together to select the zip update and follow as instructed on this web link:

Many thanks for this guy :) who posted this helpful link as i was able to speed up from 858 to 2134 in quadrant speed test.

http://www.talktogadgets.com/2010/09/how-to-speed-up-galaxy-s-performance/

Advertisement
    chessian and Daysofspeed like this.
  2. Sparkle1975

Sparkle1975 Active Member

I updated so I'm currently running the JPK firmware.

After installing that, I rooted (install kernel, flash update.zip, install kernel), and then I used OneClickLagFix, reboot, OneClickLagFix again and now it's running VERY FAST. Just watching the gallery is breathtaking :)
    chessian likes this.
  3. Daysofspeed

Daysofspeed Member

Hi, anybody care to give me the key sequence to "enter the recover console" to finish rooting my SGS (my instruction booklet is missing) so i can then finish off the OCL app and hopefully speed up my phone.
  4. Sparkle1975

Sparkle1975 Active Member

Vol up + home + power
    chessian and Daysofspeed like this.
  5. chessian

chessian New Member

Thanks for your useful information dudes.