Speed up Re-Draws when going back "Home"

Last Updated:

1. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're asking, but yes, I saved the changes to local.prop before rebooting.

Advertisement
  2. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that is what he was asking, LOL! If you go into the file after saving the change do you still see it there?
  3. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

Yeah, once I save it and go back to the file the change is there.....once I reboot and go back to file, the change is gone.
  4. dhoffman1421

Wow that is odd, never heard of a ROM doing that.
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

ok that's wierd. kinda like big brother. 1984 stuff. I was 26 yrs old in 1984. Nothing happened, like the book said it would, but it's happening to you, now! :eek: ;)
  6. pinhead875

pinhead875 Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to me. I'm on rubiX Blurry 1.0.
  7. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

The same thing is happening to me, I'm on Apex 1.0, the edit does not stick after a reboot.
  8. Nvs00

Nvs00 Member

Delete the backup file it creates once you modify it and then reboot. The changes should stay after that.
    DRLyman likes this.
  9. DRLyman

DRLyman Well-Known Member

Add me to the list. Currently just using a theme on stock ROM. Didn't stick after reboot.
  10. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I'm on RubiX Focused 1.6, mode survives three or four reboots.
  11. Airmaxx23

I just tried it and it still didn't stick.
  12. DRLyman

Switched to Apex ROM and did this and it now stays. Thanks for the tip.
  13. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Tried and works great using Chevy's SSX. Sticks after reboot and makes a very noticeable difference on my uber crammed home setup :D Thanks Beesley!!

GMB
  14. orion11

orion11 New Member

weird, im just on 2.2 rooted, deodexed, optimized & zipaligned. no rom. but i still lose the line of code when i reboot. even if i delete the backup file that root explorer makes. i never had an issue with homescreen redraws anyway tho. but i sure do want to know why it keeps disappearing
  15. Airmaxx23

Im on Apex and it won't stick for me...strange.
  16. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

doesnt stick for me, either. oem ROM, rooted......
  17. Airmaxx23

Does anyone know why this does or does not stick with certain ROMs? Actually I don't think it's ROM related since someone else who is running ApeX can get the edit to stick but I can't.
  18. dhoffman1421

Yeah I am on Chevy SSX like GMB and it doesn't stick for me either. Very odd.
  19. DRLyman

Did you delete the backup file created? I did that and it worked for me. If not, try that and see what happens. My guess is that you already have done that, though.
  20. Airmaxx23

Yeah I've actually tried it twice just to be sure and it did not help. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  21. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Just changed this running Rubix 1.6 and rebooted and it sticks.:cool:

GMB
  22. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

applied this when on Fission 2.0.1 moved to RC2 to RC3 and it survives a reboot.
  23. Dead Stiff

Dead Stiff Member

I had this same problem too. The way I fixed it was to back out of Root Explorer using the back key and not home. After doing that the save stuck.
    wheelna likes this.
  24. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

I'm on the 2.3.320 leak and the same thing happens to me even though i've tried deleting the backup and backing out of Root Explorer.
  25. Airmaxx23

Thanks but that didn't work either.