Speed up wifi tether

1. abezzilla99

abezzilla99 Well-Known Member

i was just wondering if there was a way to make the wifi tether app in velocity 1.2 give off a faster connection

Advertisement
  2. xtcvapor

xtcvapor Well-Known Member

How slow is it? I have a pretty good connection usually, and I get in the neighborhood of 2.34Mbps max data rate (300KB/Sec). You really can't increase speed faster than the connection allows. I live in a small town, so the cell towers aren't as congested as in bigger towns/cities.
  3. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Make sure that wake lock is off and in debugging options in settings that the phone is awake when plugged in because when it goes in standby, itl affect data connections.
    Enjoy this feature as much as you can because future phones are blocking this feature as well as verizon and updated android builds :/
  4. xtcvapor

xtcvapor Well-Known Member

Rgocal, I hear ya man, that's why I will only buy unlocked bootloader phones. Unlocked bootloader = AOSP ROMS = WiFi and Wired tether :) I will personally getting a Nexus Prime as my next phone :) :)
  5. Biotic

I second that unless i find somthing else. I heard a rumor but i think its just another excitement thing...
  6. abezzilla99

ok thanks guys...btw will we always be able to use this feature on all AOSP roms on any phone
  7. Biotic

Depends if verizon comes up with a fix. May have to depend on cyanogen enabled devices.
  8. abezzilla99

9. Biotic

The newer version of wifi tether is good to have. I have it installed and in my drop box for others to use.
    Its mainly meant for android 3.0 users but works for us as well.
  10. abezzilla99

so do all i have to do is install the apk
  11. Biotic

Yes, it wont write over the old one tho since its a different build of wifi tether
  12. abezzilla99

ok do you mind walking me through the settings i dont know what some of them arer for
  13. Biotic

Surely, point out what settings your confused on and il give yah a decent understanding.
  14. abezzilla99

device profile, setup method, transmit power. and also since velocity 1.2 uses google dns should i change the dns settings in the app? if so what should i change preferred or alternate dns or both.
  15. abezzilla99

hello?still here...hahaha
  16. Biotic

Oops forgot lol, il get back on this with detail
  17. abezzilla99

alright thanks lol