Speedfreak has a new home... Details here!

1. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

Looks cool. Dig the ics blue. Gonna try it out tommorow.

Does this have carrier IQ removed?
  3. jamespfassett

4. zajchik

zajchik Well-Known Member

One question:
    On the basis of which this ROM is made?
    Because no one of the ROM based on a U.S.
    ROM does not work in Europe. Actually
    sms center does not work.
  5. jamespfassett

This is built off of 2.3.5 from a stock z990g

Do you have a stock (or close to stock) nandroid for your device? If you do or we can find one, I will compare the differences between the two. It is likely that this would allow me to create a European version of this ROM, possibly solving the sms issue.
    zajchik likes this.
  6. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

Hey James, feel free to use MH-1.0.1E as a base for the European version :D. And I told you it was a slippery slope into the rabbit hole. Glad to see another developer pick up the Merit after mine died (still need to replace that).
  7. zajchik

I am glad that you are willing to help. I
    currently have a ROM that made
    Motorhead, and it's very good, and is
    based on VIP serba ROM. But it does not
    work the camcorder, but everything
    else was great. Motorhead tried to make
    the ROM-based VIVO Brazil but failed.
    Here's a link to this topic and you have it
    all links to the VIP and VIVO ROMs.
    If you want I'll send you a link with my
    backup VIP end VIVObrazil stock, I also
    used for a long time.

http://androidforums.com/avail-all-things-root/569472-rom-mh-1-0b-mh-1-0e.html

Set the link becouse, I do not would like to bring
    to the topic of your ROM. You have all the
    necessary links. Contact pm me to pm if
    you want backup my ROM.
    I'll try your ROM and let you know if work
    sms.
    Sorry for bad english.
  8. Motorhead1991

Hey zajchik, get into this file: /system/build.prop, then edit the following line: change media.stagefright.enable-record=false to media.stagefright.enable-record=true. That should fix your video issue :).
    zajchik likes this.
  9. jamespfassett

Hey no problem Zajchik, I hope I can help. And dont worry about your english, its fine, I actually have a few friends from your part of the globe, and theirs is much worse than yours lol.

Ill deffinatly want to take a look at your stock backups, and ill grab a copy of MH-1.0E. I wont be able to get into it tonight, Im working on a favor for someone else tonight, but Ill deffinatly dig in and try to help you out.
    zajchik and cell2011 like this.
  10. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Pretty nice i have this on my Net 10 merit. Im gonna try to tweak it a bit with v6 supercharge scripts
  11. jamespfassett

So it is confirmed to run on the Net 10 merit as well, is that correct?

The V6 scripts will work with this rom but you need to take some extra steps, I made sure that a compatable busyox version is present, but will have to probably have to make some manual smali edits to make it run. You may get an error from the script saying that the values have already been applied, but this is due to the fact that the applied build.prop changes were taken directly from that script.
  12. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Confirmed for net 10. Yea supercharger i got to 50% oh well
  13. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Does this have Go Launcher? I like my app badges in it, being spoiled by my ipad, and I'd hate to replace whichever launcher is in this one throwing the look off as a result. Does this have plugin for notifications like the normal go launcher does? Says pro whatever difference that makes up top.
  14. jamespfassett

You are free to delete the themed launcher I have included in the ROM, and replace it with your favorite launcher app. Certain Go launcher themes will obviously look better than others over the modified framework of this ROM, but other than that, the changes to the overall look will be minimal. The modded version of launcher Pro really only contributes the matching dock icons and small apk size. (about a quarter of the size of go launcher) The theme mods you see are integrated right into the Framework and User Interface of the OS, so these theme mods in my ROM do not take up system resources in order to be present on your phone. Go launcher themes are completely seperate apps take up your precious internal memory. My mods work by altering the files already on your phone.
  15. out of ideas

I was getting MD 5 miss matches yesterday figured it was a bad download. Tried it again and it workgood so far on a net10. Will give it a thorough run today. So far the home screen realigns on landdscape and the camera force closes aftrr every picture.
  16. jamespfassett

Thanks for letting me know, now that I think about it I have my phone locked on portrait mode so i didnt even know about that, thanks. Ill look into the camera issue as well.

Is anyone else having camera problems with this rom?
  17. jmd2316

jmd2316 Member

Does this work on the metropcs LG esteem
  18. jamespfassett

I doubt it. You can give it a shot, but I dont recommend it.

Camera issues are confirmed, but the bug seems to be in the app, i had a copy of retro cam that I just installed onto my device and everything worked fine. Ill look more into it.
  19. zajchik

Hi jamespfassett.
    I've installed your rom and the problem with the
    SMS in it there. I have a problem with camera too, but I installed UCAM and it works great.
    Fonts are very difficult to read and should be
    changed. Launcher works very well, and I iinace
    MH-1.1e also set it as the default. I have a problem
    with GALERIE that shows no picture, so I changed
    it. Maybe you're too filled system memory, and I
    would put the app such as maps, dolphin, calculator
    and some more, to be installed later as a user on
    sdext partition. Blue theme I really like it and it's
    good.
  20. jamespfassett

After a little poking around, Im pretty sure that the camera effects app really doesnt like the system app partition, The solution seems to be converting it to a user app via Link2SD, this will allow you to keep the app and its editing functions. You will notice that most of the market camera apps are much larger in size.

@Zajchik, You are right I suppose. Being the first one I made, I did get a little selfish, configuring it to my tastes with fonts and apps that might not be the best ones for the job, but are just the apps that I happen to use.
    However I left Link2SD in there for anyone who would like to remove those system apps in favor of the apps that work best for them. In hindsight I also should have left the stock gallery app in. The extra space it takes up is worth it.

I will make v1.1 with more of a "themed clean slate" mentality, allowing for easier and faster user customization.
    alfaromeo and zajchik like this.
  21. Motorhead1991

jackpal's Android Terminal doesn't like being a system app either, same with Script manager and Opera Mini ;).
  22. zajchik

Motorhead thanks for the tip that solved
    the problem with the camcorder. My ( your )
    MH-1.1e now shines in the true sense of
    the word. Bravo for a great rom.
  23. out of ideas

So far its holding up great. Was weird for me to not have music player but i found one.

My phone is like 40% mp3 player lol.

Oh one thing the right side up CWM didnt flash on mine. Not that i care just letting you know.

EDIT-for people who dont like the font, you can change that in 5 min with Uot kitchen. Thats what i did.
  24. redfield88

redfield88 Well-Known Member

Personally the only thing that stops me from flashing this ROM is the fact that it comes pre-installed with software that I have no desire to use. Sort of reminds of why I rooted my phone to begin with.. To get rid of pre-installed junk. Props for the job well done though.

I know I could simply remove them once flashed.. but still. It should be a clean minimal install to be considered a "slimmed down" version of the original stock ROM.
  25. jamespfassett

Fear not, version 1.1 willbe ready in about an hour.... This version will be basicly themed empty space. since that seems to be the biggest gripe.

If you do happen to flash this rom, make sure to compare the space you used to have with the space you have now, I would venture to say that it has been slimmed considerably.

I configured v1.0 for my tastes, as I habitually take care of #1 (me) first. V1.1 will cater to everyone else

EDIT v1.1 is available, same link, same install procedure, only now you can expect 149mb free for user apps (91% free) and 68 mb free for system apps (31% free)
    zajchik likes this.