• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] Speedfreak has a new home... Details here!

Are you running my rom? or a stock merit/avail rom, sorry to ask, just troubleshooting, before installing the theme, try going to storage and mounts in CWM and mount system, and then mount data, in that order, then install the theme. If it is still aborting then the theme is incompatible, though I dont see how this is possible, especially if you have flashed Speedfreak 1.3, thats what my phone runs and the theme works great for me, though admitedly, it still needs work.

Is anyone else having this problem, has anyone else tried to flash the white theme?

Upvote 0
This is pretty nice and snappy ive added kickass kernel from V6 supercharge too battery life seems to be very well but then again i use for wifi only and google voice calls texts. 98% after 6 hrs minimal use. quickboot to recovery is always nice to have aside from vol up and menu all the time lol. Love the internal memory too at least no low space alerts lol

Upvote 0
Yes, Ive been doing some speed testing and Im really getting slower download speeds and serious gps errors with the data throttle blocked.

I recommend that everyone preforms a data wipe after installation, this will reset the carrier throttle, but will fix the market and gps problems.

Im trying 1.3 and havent had any issues yet. But if i do a wipe data/factory reset in cwm will fix it?

Upvote 0
Yes, Ive been doing some speed testing and Im really getting slower download speeds and serious gps errors with the data throttle blocked.

I recommend that everyone preforms a data wipe after installation, this will reset the carrier throttle, but will fix the market and gps problems.

Really? Its not just some network use issues? That is odd. Maybe it doesnt kick in until a certain point.

Upvote 0
I was having some problems with my router the other day, I suppose that could be it, but I am also starting to notice some lag. This is unacceptable. I need to re-work this version, It just doesnt run as buttery smooth as 1.1 did.

I will keep the current file up for download, but be advised that results may vary. Im just not happy with it yet, now that space is no longer an issue it might be better for me to switch back to the full merit base and toss the vivo stuff.

Upvote 0
The battery will learn to cope with the new kernel in a few days, this has been well documented on these forums and should only take three days or four to six full charges.

I hadnt really planned on making a version of the rom without the ability to overclock, slowfreak isnt quite as catchy see? but if you would like to use the stock kernel, I would point you in the direction of Motorheads MH1.0, as it uses the stock kernel. I have ran it on my device and can comfirm that it is stable.

Upvote 0
As long as they are about the same size, and supposing that you really want to get into it, the boot.img of Motorheads rom, which contains the stock kernel, could possibly be swapped for the overclocked boot.img found in my rom.

If the new hybrid rom doesnt bootloop, it will give you what you want. Not to hard.

Reactions: pmanwarren
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones