• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SPeeding up & saving battery

Best way to speed up Evo? Well first of all you can disable BS service at boot and if it restarts then disable it via service manager apps, as this will release minor resource. Far as battery goes depending on the type of data intensive access you can setup timer so when your phone is idle it will shutoff data access and auto reconnect with given interval. The biggest cause of battery life is you guessed it the display, so change the blacklight setting and make it dim.

Now those are the things you could do without anything, but if you want extreme setup to make phone faster you have to OC it thus killing more battery, for battery part you can use extended battery pack. You can also setup smart scaling profile like I have setup so its all helpful.

Upvote 0
I notice there are a lot of programs working in the background. Is there a way to permanently kill these so they never come back throughout the day? I remember when I had task killer but after a few minutes all the programs would return in the background...Id rather not root, dont want to take a chance of messing the phone up permanently...

Upvote 0
Reactions: DrCaleb
Upvote 0
Best way to speed up Evo? Well first of all you can disable BS service at boot and if it restarts then disable it via service manager apps, as this will release minor resource. Far as battery goes depending on the type of data intensive access you can setup timer so when your phone is idle it will shutoff data access and auto reconnect with given interval. The biggest cause of battery life is you guessed it the display, so change the blacklight setting and make it dim.

Now those are the things you could do without anything, but if you want extreme setup to make phone faster you have to OC it thus killing more battery, for battery part you can use extended battery pack. You can also setup smart scaling profile like I have setup so its all helpful.

Pardon me HKM, what is BS service? Just curious. Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones