Speedometer in Nav/Google Maps?Support

Last Updated:

1. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I read somewhere that one of the mapping programs has a speedometer, but I haven't been able to find it as on option in either Google Nav or Maps. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or was I just dreaming about the speedometer?

Advertisement
  2. jfint

jfint Well-Known Member

It seams to be in Nav when you are in the car dock. I noticed it the other day. Maybe it doesn't work when your not in the car dock.

I believe the GPSstatus type apps would give you a simple speedo if that's all your looking for.

svensett likes this.
  3. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That must be it. I haven't bought a dock yet, and haven't tried to trick it with a magnet.

4. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

You dont have to be in car mode or have a car dock. The satellite is down at the moment so I cant verify. If you go to maps and hit my location I do beileve the speedometer will be there or go into car dock mode and hit my location should do the same. :)

Jayme

5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

App on your Droid X called CarDock puts you in car dock mode without the Car Dock!

Also, you can change the middle button on the right side to any shortcut (menu / preferences / custom). So if you find an app in the Market that has a speedometer, you can set it to that button.