speedometer widget (not app) requested

Last Updated:

1. dorri732

dorri732 New Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are tons of speedometer apps, but I'd love a speedometer widget that will play nice with the Pandora widget.

I run Pandora continuously on the way to/from work and need a speedometer as well. Switching back and forth works, but is kind of a pain.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. jdfoster

jdfoster New Member

Seconded! I ride a motorcycle and use my droid for music and GPS speed (bike speedo is 11% off). It would be really nice to be able to see/control both from the same screen.

3. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

Awesome! I could really use this, running oversized tires and its really affecting my speedo. Cost me a ticket recently!

4. frantag

frantag New Member

Every speedmeter using gps. If it would be widget, it will works nonstop and discharging battery very quickly.

5. centauress

centauress Well-Known Member

One would assume that someone would put a interlock in that will only let it display on charger. If you're on battery power, it would display a 'blank' message - like Pandora does when the player isn't in use.

Which would also make sense, using it as a speedometer. It's close enough, just plug it into the cig. lighter outlet.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

Really good idea. I can try to work on this tonight/tomorrow. I'll probably have something in the market tomorrow.

7. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

I'm done with the v1 of this. It's in the market now for free.
    Search for Speedometer Widget. It's in the travel category. Once cyrket updates the site, I'll post a cyrket link with the QR code here.

Enjoy! And thanks for the idea.

8. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

9. MikeTWS

MikeTWS New Member

Great App Cryptyk. Any chance of modifying the widget to play nice with the car dock, droid 1 app on the market (multi-screen replacement for the default droid app). A 1 x 1 Widget sitting next to my compass and clock widgets would be great. Thanks

10. briands

briands New Member

I agree. A 1x1 or 2x2 widget would be great for exactly the same reason as the poster above.