speedsGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-06 13:30:11
  1. albanymike

albanymike Well-Known Member

after a hard reset and a few tricks from here. finally SPEED !!
    lol these are old sren shots must have deleted jans- febs my bad

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Mechman02

Mechman02 Well-Known Member

Please share your tweaks!
  3. albanymike

Dial ##3282# (also known as ##DATA#)
    Choose Edit Mode (note: you can enter View Mode at this point without an MSL, it's quite harmless)
    Enter MSL
    Choose Advanced
    Change RTSP proxy IP to: 0.0.0.0
    Change RTSP proxy port to: 0
    Change HTTP proxy IP to: 0.0.0.0
    Change HTTP proxy port to: 0
  4. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

that is actually under others/multimedia
  5. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

I'm confused. The screen shots show your speeds getting worse and they are from December 14-15, 2012. And those aren't great speeds even for 3g I think.

What speeds are you currently seeing as opposed to what's shown? I'm seeing two of the same screen shot but my Tapatalk app can be weird sometimes. Are both shots supposed to be the same?

If you're still only seeing 722k down something is still not right, I'd expect double that on 3g. How are your 4g speeds?
  6. albanymike

Boost told me 3 g is 400-700kbps 4 g is up to 10mbs I get up to 7.. If you can tell me how to make it faster please do??
  7. FLAWLESSVW

Well then I guess we've got a good question for others to chime in and post their 3g results too. Even when I had a 3g only phone (prevail) I saw >1mbps regularly.

My 3g speed seems to usually be around 1.2 to 1.5 mbps. I haven't done any of the suggested speed tweaks. I'll test more (I typically only test my 4g) But I ran one earlier and one just now and am seeing those speeds I mentioned.

And yes, 4g I am anywhere from 5-10mb near home and 10-12(almost 12, not quite) near work.
  8. Mechman02

Mechman02 Well-Known Member

My 3g speed was just under 100 kbps for both upload and download. I can't get 4g service from my house, but at work today it never exceeded 1.2 kbps. Service has always sucked here in Salt Lake City, but it has been extra slow over the past couple of weeks.
  9. Codegerm

I am getting 1767 kbps (1.7 Mbps) on 3g, Haven't tested 4g as I have to cross town to get it.
  10. FLAWLESSVW

Ok cool so I'm not the only lucky one!!!

Thought I was gonna have to make a quick exit because I was getting some kind of sweet plan no one else was haha! Let's see what others are pulling from 3g...
  11. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Well I tested my speeds at work and 4G is 7-9 Mbps and 3G 650-800 Kbps. Will test again when I get home. So far I can get 4G anywhere in the Tampa Bay area.
  12. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

3G & 4G speed tests[​IMG]
  13. albanymike

I did a hard reset because speed went to hell, did 3282 and there was no browser ip address got rid of the proxies but speed are horrible does anyone have some IP's? browser or data ip's? thanks
  14. Codegerm

you did a ##72786# reset?
  15. albanymike

yes did that first, nothing then a hard reset. I'm getting 450 3G and 1500 4 G
    I think it got to ddo with the ip's, there were non in data so I put an old one in
  16. Codegerm

where did you put these IP's?
  17. albanymike

data browser menu, port 0 DSS proxy, port 0