speedtest.net app server

Last Updated:

1. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I was getting really weird results from speedtest.net's app... like very erratic between -0 (yes negative 0) and about 400 yesterday and today... so I look and I'm on the Albuquerque, NM server... i go to the server list and linkline in Los Angeles isn't listed.. Albuquerque, NM is 900 miles away, no wonder I'm getting bad speeds.. prior to that I was on Los Angeles and getting 2+ mb/s 3G ... every other server in the list is more than 1000 miles away from mearea)...

When I go to speedtest.net's website Its showing me somewhere in the middle of the country (i'm assuming because of my IP address, which happens to me when I tether including getting the spanish google sometimes)...

Unfortunately there's no other way to specify a location in the speedtest.net app so I can't accurately test my speed :(

Anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. frozndevl

frozndevl Member

It seems to be eratic, I live up in Seattle and during the day I can get a nearby WA server, but other times I have to go to California.

3. seigex

sigh.. i wish I could get a California server.. I'm not going to get an accurate speed test to Indiana .. oh well guess I'll just have to hit up dslreports.com

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Hmm if I go to settings, I can pick LA as a server.

5. seigex

Wasn't showing in mine.. probably cus it gets a list of whats closes to your ip's location and for some reason every once in a whiel i get an IP from the middle of nowhere... I ended up turning on wifi.. selecting la and turning off wifi to use the LA server

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have this exact same problem. Their IP geolocation feature is messed up on both 3G and 4G. I have to start it on WiFi, get the Seattle server and then turn WiFi off if I want to do any real testing.