Speedtest.net app - What is considered average for upload/download speeds?Support

Last Updated:

1. TitanAlum

TitanAlum Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently downloaded the speedtest.net app. I want to compare my wifi speeds at home vs. the 3g speeds i get in and around Los Angeles. Obviously I expect my wifi speeds to be higher but what kind of numbers should I be seeing in both cases? What's considered average or acceptable and what is considered great?

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

On your wifi it is going to depend on the internet speed you have purchased. Some people will get much higher speeds that I will, for instance, because the level of dsl service I have available where I live is limited. You should roughly get the same as you would on your PC through the wireless network adapter.

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

My 3g download signal is usually around 1.6 - 2.5 Mbps most days, least i've seen it go to is around 0.9Mbps

If that helps you at all

TitanAlum likes this.
  4. Pacific

Pacific Well-Known Member

I got 556 kb/s down and 724 kb/s up. I live in the end of narrow valley were nothing else gets a consistent signal though. My buddy was here earlier and was complaining about his lost signal on at&t.

TitanAlum likes this.
  5. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

Best i have seen here in NM is ~1MB, most of the time is 300k-500k (download)

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

last night on wifi i got down: 9mbps, up: .99mbps
    3g was down: 1.3mbps, up: 400kbps

7. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

WiFi at home i can get 3-5, but the 3G around here is lame. Of course, it also depends on what server i am talking to. I have a test site in my city that is 3x slower than others.. so yeah.. heh.

8. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I average 9.1mbps down and 2.2up on my WiFi and 1.4mbps down and .828mbps up on 3G.