• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speedtest - Post your results

It would be interesting to see some results from both the Nexus One and another Tmobile 3G phone to compare how the NExus ONe is really doing. Honestly I thought the speeds would be higher on the 3G network than people are posting. With the latest upgrade that Tmo did to their network is anyone getting higher speeds?

Upvote 0
That's not quite the case, tho... Here are my WiFi results this morning, using Verizon FIOS:

Nexus One
Down: 12542 kbps
Up: 4243 kbps

MacBook Pro
Down: 27950 kbps
Up: 13330 kbps

For comparison, my wired Desktop:

Win7 Box
Down: 49430 kbps
Up: 12750 kbps

How the hell are you getting that much speed?? I have AT&T UVerse and get about 18Mb down and about 1.5Mb up. I would LOVE to actually get 49 down and 13 up...but noone offers it. I looked at fios and the best plan they offer is 7.1 down and 768Kb up....which is actually more pathetic than what I have!

Upvote 0
How the hell are you getting that much speed?? I have AT&T UVerse and get about 18Mb down and about 1.5Mb up. I would LOVE to actually get 49 down and 13 up...but noone offers it. I looked at fios and the best plan they offer is 7.1 down and 768Kb up....which is actually more pathetic than what I have!

Here in Tampa, we have a choice between Brighthouse, Comcast, and Verizon. Verizon's FIOS service is the fastest of the bunch and has a few different flavors:

Fast: 15 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up
Faster: 25 Mbps down / 15 Mbps up
Fastest: 50 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up

I couldn't resist going with the fastest. It's pricey and I may very well switch to the 25/15 plan at the end of my contract, but I should have most of the internet downloaded by then. :D

Upvote 0
i don't remember paying for this! speedtest2.jpg

Upvote 0
so it seems only a handful of cities even above 1Mbps... LA, NYC seems to be those... NOT Detroit... although Houston appears to be from a couple posts up....

I mean... why did T-Mo even bother announcing their 3G network having been "upgraded" to 7.2 Mbps nationwide if in most cities there's some other stupid backhaul bottleneck not even allowing 1Mbps!!!!?????? :mad:

I mean don't get me wrong... i find it plenty fast even at my 900kbps speeds (i was on at&t - so trust me, T-Mo is still waaaay better of an overall experience).... but faster speeds would sure be appreciated.... with 7.2 theoretical, i should be able to get 4-5Mbps... at the very least 2-3Mbps... no????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones