1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

speedtest showdown - gnex vs razr vs rezoundGeneral

1. sbebs2000

sbebs2000 Active Member

Advertisement
    :
    Guardian Enzo likes this.
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

It would be funny if Big Red demanded the GN be locked down and un-rootable to improve network speeds.:)
  3. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

uh-oh they are making Verizon 4G LTE look pretty bad (but one phone there is better:)) If they can get to another location with nice/strong signal all phones will kinda look better.

here's my typical HTC Rezound speedtest thing on Verizon 4G LTE:
    [​IMG]
    There'll be other phones/people with faster/better numbers in other areas but this is what i'm getting in this area here.
    The numbers on the app is slightly different from the numbers in the URL that they give when we link it back to their server/snapshot pix.
    Bye.

Attached Files:

4. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member

We win, now ****ing unleash this beast.
    BlueBiker likes this.
  5. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Every day in every way this phone just rises to the top. All without any fanfare and hype. This has to be the sleeper phone of the last five years.
  6. Guardian Enzo

Guardian Enzo Active Member

Well, that certainly verifies the results I saw when I ran speedtest on the two phones while checking out the Nexus at the store... Nice to see the Rezound beat the RAZR though - I thought Moto was the king of radios? :D
  7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Awe, poor Nexus owners......
  8. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member

This phone really is the sleeper of them all. HTC quietly brilliant slogan is perfect! Then again, the Dinc and Dinc2 were both great silent phones also, except for the Thunderbolt, sooo much fail on that phone.
    Im really glad VZW kept delaying the Nexus, otherwise I would've been stuck with it.
  9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

This is my favorite part of the article....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Guardian Enzo

Guardian Enzo Active Member

Also note the Rezound & RAZR have more viewable screen because of the softkeys... ;)
    BlueBiker likes this.
  11. kierandill

kierandill Active Member

Interesting - my TBolt has about 6dB better signal side-by-side with my Rezound.
  12. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

what the ef. How did that happen? the screen up the soft keys is 4.3". Crazy. Psuedo-4.65. Main reason i didn't get this puppy. Now all the other minor issues are icing.
  13. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Well with most apps not really geared for ICS, that's another issue you're going to have to deal with regarding ICS, the soft buttons are going to be redundant until apps start going to the ICS setup and at that point you'll see the benefit of the extra sized screen, but for now it's not really a benefit IMO.
  14. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

I haven't used a Nexus, but I don't think that's true. AFAIK, ICS only displays the soft buttons if there are no physical or capacitive buttons present.

So when Rezound finally gets ICS, we'll have the full 1280x720 available to launchers and apps (and not just when playing videos or slide shows).