• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SpeedTest

freakshow85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys. Would you like to list the type of phone you have, the provider you have it through, and the towers that it's running on? Not a competition or anything, I'm just curious to see what kind of speeds people get. I would prefer a screenshot for proof, but feel free to just type out your results.

Straight Talk
Galaxy S4 (S975L) Android 4.3
AT&T Network
24.23 mbps download
16.35 mbps upload
Picture attached using Speedtest.net app for results.

Attachments

• 1435338629442.jpg
    1435338629442.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 29
Thread moved to sub-forum dedicated to carrier comparisons.

It should be noted that the results will vary greatly within any carrier. There will be better performance from one tower to another. The time of day also enters in. It would appear that some throttling back occurs when the number of connected users goes up to a certain level.

... Thom

Upvote 0
OK thanks. I'm sorry. I debated where to put this. Thanks for moving it to the correct place.

Also I do realize time, place, and carrier all affect speeds. But I'm still curious as to what people are getting. You can even post what you get at this very moment and also what you get during off-peak hours.

Truly not competing, I'm just surprised how fast my speeds were on my first time mid-day in a city. So much better than Verizon in my area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones