• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SPH-L710t Kernels?

AnDroiDHackxr

Dec 14, 2014
Space
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-l710t for VM and I really need a kernel that has overclocking abilities. I looked every and there are no kernels that work, or are specifically made for the SPH-L710t, if there is one out there can someone please point me in the right direction. I have flashed kernels for the SPH-L710 but there is always a major problem, I really need help, Thanks for any help I get!

no right now its Kit kat but the dev is aware of the issue and I believe he plans to incorporate it into his future builds. He was really cool about it. Shoot him a donation and let him know whats up. Right now CM 11m10 is all wotking as expected on virgin Mobl
So if I flash this on CM11 will screen rotation work? And could you also provide a link to Cm11, thanks!

Upvote 0
Tried this which does work for my sph-l710t but when the os boots pretty everything gives me an error saying "stopped.working" for example goolge play services has stopped working" any ideas? I'm on stock rooted rom
I have a solution. Do not install this kernel on stock, its an aosp kernel. Its not built for touchwiz Roms. Hopefully you did a backup of boot (boot is kernel) in recovery.
It says aosp right on the name of the file on the page you downloaded it from.

Upvote 0
Tried this which does work for my sph-l710t but when the os boots pretty everything gives me an error saying "stopped.working" for example goolge play services has stopped working" any ideas? I'm on stock rooted rom
See the problem.

Attachments

• 1431282521883.jpg
    1431282521883.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Thanks! I decided to give Liquid Smooth a shot and everything is working so far. Flashed that and Gapps then flashed the kernel posted few posts up to overclock but it just reboots after the splash screen/optimizing apps.

*Edit* seems I was using the wrong kernel I had to reflash the 5.1 one seems to be working now. Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Indeed it is! Really enjoying it so far. Just having trouble with google play giving me 960 errors I'll keep trying though.
Funkylogik Is right, try different gapps. They have to be for 5.1.
I'm running aicp now and this is the gapps I'm using. Very minimal, just play store and essentials to function. Everything else you can get from the play store.

Reactions: ElwOOD_CbGp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones