• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SPH-M900 2.6.29 Kernel

As soon as I get a moment (someone offered a bricked one which I'm sure I can unbrick, just waiting for it's arrival), I will begin working on a 2.6.29 based kernel. the Spica (GT-i5700) sources contain a 2.6.29 kernel. With proper modifications to certain areas of the source, I am 90% positive I can get it to run on the Moment.

Plus with my existing optimizations, and specialized compiler (sure, its Buildroot, but I have alot of customizations into the buildroot process that would be hard to re-create without knowing exactly what was done), 2.1 will never have been better :)

Just a heads up that I plan to come back for a bit to please ZE fans. First I will finalize and release 14.4, then begin work on ZF01.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones