Spica 2.1 Update in US?Support

Last Updated:

1. Maitre_Tea

Maitre_Tea New Member This Topic's Starter

So I live in the United States and because I'm planning to buy a reasonably priced Android phone while I serve with Peace Corps, the Spica is on my short-list of what I could buy. From what if I buy a Spica it'll come with 1.5 (or is it 1.6), but there's an update for 2.1

So my question is this: If I buy this phone is it relatively easy to get/find the 2.1 update? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. yah5

yah5 Active Member

From what I read around here you just either install the samsung pc studio and it updates the firmware, or take it to the carrier and they'll get it updated for you... but I doubt any teen behind a counter at a sprint will know what you're talking about.

If you can't get it updated this way, just do it yourself. You can get the official firmware on your phone easily by following a simple guide.
    Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica Android 2.1 Flashing Guide | It's All About Software, PHP, JavaScript and Android Programming

Follow the steps and stop at the rooting area. You'll maintain warranty as long as you don't root.