Spica GT-15700RSupport

Last Updated:

1. noggnog

noggnog New Member This Topic's Starter

This may have been answered previously for which I apologize.

I purchased the unit about 6 months ago, installed the SW delivered with it and it failed to connect. Since that time ver. 2.1 has become available and I thought that things may have sorted themselves out by this time.

I installed the Kies full package to find that the phone was not supported. Reading some of the posts I was lead to the Kies mini package. This appear to connect okay but I am getting a message saying

`GT-15700
    Firmware version: device cannot be upgraded
    Firmware upgrade:`

The Unit was branded and has been opened - currently running firmware ver. 1.5

That`s it. Any ideas on this one?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. lplp

lplp New Member

I have talked with samsung a couple of times the past week ,i have been trying to get new firmware also ,kies mini has been pulled off the samsung website and is not working ..Last week they told me it might take a week or so to get back running properly,yesterday the girl said (what i could understand) was how are you downloading kies and it is not working .you have to keep on trying until whenever.I asked what kind of support is this ,no answere ,just keep on coming back and seeingif you can download it.I find that samsung support is terrible and not very satisfied and will be going different root next time ..

3. randomstarlight

randomstarlight Member

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get it recognized neither in Kies or the PC Studio and when I finally got them to recognize it the update failed. The best solution I can give you is flashing it with Odin. Follow the steps in first part of the rooting thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-spica/124299-root-me-baby-one-more-time.html) and that's that. I can assure you it's a lot less nerve wrecking!