Spica memory problems.Support

Last Updated:

1. natnif

natnif New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I've been having a read through some threads over the last few days, really helpful stuff! I recently bought a Samsung Spica. For the first few days it was great, but yesterday it started to act up a bit.

It is starting to get quite slow opening any pages and is getting a bit jerky when scrolling. If I press the "home" button it takes a full 5 seconds for it to correctly display my home screen. I am noticing that some programs seem to be launching themselves(video player, music player, messaging) I have Advanced task killer installed but it isn't helping. When I start up the phone I have up to 70M available memory but after an hour or 2 even if I close everything I am lucky if it goes above 40M

Is there anything I can do to improve performance of the phone? I only have it a week. I have installed some apps but not many and have gotten rid of most of them in case they were the problem.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. marjan1

marjan1 Member

I don't recommend Task Killer apps if you're not very familiar with all Android tasks. Some of them shouldn't be killed or if they are they keep restarting, and that causes slow and unresponsive phone!

Android itself have pretty good automatic task manager that controls all apps. Give it a chance. Another advice is that you simply turn off/on phone, when it becomes very slow.