• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well that makes what? Four? Five of you guys who've managed that.

I'm wondering if I should try it, "insurance" program or not. I only paid $50 for it (to be returned if I didn't need to replace my phone) so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Maybe I'll wait until June or so. Since that's supposed to be (ha ha?) when the official version comes out. Next phone I'm doing research on first....

Upvote 0
Whichever version was in that link I posted, after that I just had to add the APN settings and I was golden
Wait a second, the link you referred to uses I570EDDJB2 firmware which is for a 2.1 update for Asia users from Feburary this year.

And you're a Canadian Rogers user? Man you must have been inches away from bricking your phone, or at least making it totaly unusable.

Upvote 0
VERY Interesting..

Given you like to live dangerously, how about and by way of an experiment, you update to my version. (UK/Euro). You might have to update the APN settings for Roger, but you get a later, more stable and faster version.

For the risk.

See my Siggy. Includes all files including the right OPS file.

And if it doesn't work, you can always revert to the version you downloaded and have now.

Reactions: rwZephyr
Upvote 0
VERY Interesting..

Given you like to live dangerously, how about and by way of an experiment, you update to my version. (UK/Euro). You might have to update the APN settings for Roger, but you get a later, more stable and faster version.

For the risk.

See my Siggy. Includes all files including the right OPS file.

And if it doesn't work, you can always revert to the version you downloaded and have now.

I'm stuck here until 9 so why not, lets giver shit. Will I lose any data on the phone? I started from fresh when I first did it. Also any info on how to get live wallpapers? 3D gallery and other awesome 2.1 goodies?

Upvote 0
You can view and edit your own APN settings:-
(might be a little different on 1.5)

Home Menu
Settings
Wireless & Network Settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
Your Provider

From here you can see and Edit APN settings.

**Be aware messing around in here could FUBAR your services.**

Thanks! I guess I can record how my current APN settings are configured.

Dunno why I can't see your signature... I am logged in.. weird..

THanks again.

Upvote 0
Wifi is perfect, Whenever I go to Google maps and try the GPS it says your current location is unavailable, SMS is perfect, but I haven't been able to receive a MMS yet.. Which PERSONALLY isnt a big deal lol
I had a bit of trouble with MMS at first, when I got my phone. But after speaking to my provider, they said I have to SEND one first, before being able to receive one.
Also, most providers can send you a SMS that updates your settings. You just need to ask them to send it, usually from their website, or via their dial-up support line from your mobile.

(And I can see my siggy below)

Upvote 0
I had a bit of trouble with MMS at first, when I got my phone. But after speaking to my provider, they said I have to SEND one first, before being able to receive one.
Also, most providers can send you a SMS that updates your settings. You just need to ask them to send it, usually from their website, or via their dial-up support line from your mobile.

(And I can see my siggy below)

Okay, sent one to my X10, received it, sent one back, works perfect. So MMS is a go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones