• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spint Hero Battery Issues known fix Fix.. charges faster lasts longer

There is no way to uninstall the native messaging client. The bottom line is that the battery life on this thing straight-up blows if you have it check your email on a fairly regular basis (every 30 minutes or less). I have followed every suggestion on every forum, as well as kept track of what program uses the most juice, and it's the e-mail program. This is ridiculous; I refuse to only have it check my email every four hours--or more--so I can have more battery life. Every other phone I had checked my email every 15 minutes, and I got a full-day's use out of it every day as long as I wasn't doing a bunch of talking or texting . I'm basically resigned to having to plug it in and charge it up on the way home from work every day, but what about when I'm on a trip? Hopefully, they'll do something about this in the next software update, but who knows.... The bottom line is that this is VERY disappointing, and if it wasn't for the fact that iPhone plans are so damned expensive and that I'm on Sprint's Advantage Plan because I have a relative that works for them, I would have had one a LONG time ago!

I agree with you on this issue. I resolved it by getting a GMail address and setting it up as push (Imap). Emails come in instantly and the battery lasts a looooong time. You should try it.

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is that I have more than one email address (one for personal stuff, one for business stuff, etc.), and I've had all of them for years, so converting to Gmail (I have an account, but I don't really use it) seems like it would be a pain in the ass. I wonder if I can get those other accounts to forward my e-mail to my Gmail addy? That might solve the problem....

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I have a question about battery charging... htc hero (I have g2 t-mobile branded version),,

Is there a possibility to turn off battery charging when you are connecting the phone to PC, via usb of course?

Every time when I want to exchange files between pc and the phone, battery will be charged... . So for example, battery is 60% full, I transfer the files for 10 minutes, then, I need to unplug the phone from pc...

I don't think that this is good for the battery.

can someone advice if the charging the battery via usb, can be turned off?

thanks android community...

Upvote 0
Having a problem with battery drain!

Last few days - I turn my phone on around 4pm and by 11pm the battery is nearly dead.

Widgits - calendar, music, clock and weather.
Apps, other than what came out of the box - weather/clock and toggle widgit, a couple solitare/cribbage games, clock, a couple toddler games, pandora radio, shazam, shopsavvy, google star map, mabio wallpapers, tv.com, led scroller, flashlight, level, live scores, phone finder - I very seldom use these apps for fear of having this thing go dead on me. I have pretty much taken everything off of this thing! Just removed AppKiller based on posts here, just added a program to turn off some of the apps at loading time but haven't completed updates on it.

Normal Use (at least in the last few days)
mostly leaving it sit on my desk, probably using it a total of about 1-1 1.5 hours in the timeframe - specifics as follows.
adjusted FB pushes to every 24 hrs, maybe around 30 mins of FB use
adjusted weather updates to be 3 hrs
Turned off wi-fi, mobile network and bluetooth
I leave GPS off most of the time
not playing games, not listening to music
I ran google star map for about 30-45 minutes the other night
maybe a call or two, less than 20 minutes of talk time
not texting
no IM
no email
changed setting on screen so it turns off after 1 minute

--

set the phone next to my wife's phone for a side by side comparision - neither one of us used the phones. We have all the same versions, she's also turned off wi-fi, bluetooth and mobile nx off yet she has her screen on for 10 minutes and my battery lost 1 more 'block' of charge in a 2 hr timespan than hers did. She has a few less apps on hers, but again the phones sat unused for a couple hours.

Is this battery drain normal?

Any ideas other than to purchase a new battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones