• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spirit owners

The smartest option I've seen so far would be to get the Spirit now from Wirefly for $240 shipped, then send in for the rebate. One poster here has done that with another phone anyway. I'd triple check the rebate form to be sure it didn't say Metro sales only but assuming this works, that would get you a Spirit for about $170.

That's such a good deal I may have to do it myself.

[EDIT] Regardless of what any prior poster said was done for another earlier phone, it does not look good for this to work for the Spirit or Motion this go around. Here is a blow up of the meeseprint from the Metro rebate form.

metromouseprint.JPG

About the 4th line down it says offer only good at authorized Metro dealers or MetroPCS Dealer stores. Now even if you say Wirefly is an authorized dealer, the next to last line Clearly says "your *MetroPCS sales receipt*. " That seems to exclude Wirefly sales to me. Sure would be worth a phone call to the rebate office. (For whatever door of hell that would be...:rolleyes:)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: Spdfreak34
Upvote 0
The smartest option I've seen so far would be to get the Spirit now from Wirefly for $240 shipped, then send in for the rebate. One poster here has done that with another phone anyway. I'd triple check the rebate form to be sure it didn't say Metro sales only but assuming this works, that would get you a Spirit for about $170.

That's such a good deal I may have to do it myself.

[EDIT] Regardless of what any prior poster said was done for another earlier phone, it does not look good for this to work for the Spirit or Motion this go around. Here is a blow up of the meeseprint from the Metro rebate form.

metromouseprint.JPG

About the 4th line down it says offer only good at authorized Metro dealers or MetroPCS Dealer stores. Now even if you say Wirefly is an authorized dealer, the next to last line Clearly says "your *MetroPCS sales receipt*. " That seems to exclude Wirefly sales to me. Sure would be worth a phone call to the rebate office. (For whatever door of hell that would be...:rolleyes:)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I thought about the samething, getting it at Wirefly and trying the rebate out too...but now reading the *fine print i'm afraid it wont work. :(

BUT...
Even if i dont get the rebate throu Wirefly, i was calculating the numbers and it comes out ruffly the same price as getting it at Metropcs+tax+$15activation-rebate...about a $5 diference

Reactions: LeeoJohnson
Upvote 0
I am no expert but that is exactly why I don't think the Spirit price is going to change any time soon.

Metro most often just kills the new phone rebate and keeps the price the same for awhile. Also, at the current Wirefly price, you are saving over a full percent more money with the Spirit than the Motion relative to Metro's pricing. (Before Sale) No reason for Wirefly to go any lower now.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Just got the spirit a few days ago and its great! This phone is running the same system as the motion but with a bigger screen and higher resolution . Playing black ops zombies and it runs like butter. I upgraded from the motion and i can definitely am happy and impressed. Dont get me wrong i love the motion but the spirit helps me type faster and just has a much better display.

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or has MetroPCS drastically improved over the last couple of years? My last "true" MetroPCS phone was a Huawei Ascend. Not only was the phone junky, The service was terrible. That always confused me because I live in Metro's HQ town (Dallas). The call quality was terrible and my text messages were often delayed and/or repeated.

...and don't get me started on 1x. :mad:

I was definitely skeptical of MetroPCS when I considered coming back to it. I was unsure if they finally got 3G, and I didn't hear good things about Metro's 4G LTE speeds. Now, I'm glad to be proven wrong. Not only does Metro have a solid line-up now, they're 4G (and 3G) speeds are very respectable. I get good data and call service everywhere I go. The call quality is great and my texts come and go promptly. This may have to do with the Spirit being a great phone.

I love my Spirit. It's fast, light, well-built and has a great display. Coming back to Android from Windows Phone was a huge step-up. I worry more about Metro's service more than I do the phone, because I love the phone. Definitely worth what I paid for it.

Upvote 0
*UPDATE

I just finished talking to the "DuDe" (more like an airhead from the way he talks & answers) from the Metropcs Rebate Dep., he explained that "The rebate form states exactly where you CANT buy it from, and it only shows two places if you read it: Walmart & BestBuy.....wich means.." (even thou i realy dont think he had AAAANY idea where he was even standing) ..."you CAN..thats right..CAN buy it from Wirefly and recieve the rebate!!!" :hmmmm2: :dontknow:

Upvote 0
*UPDATE

I just finished talking to the "DuDe" (more like an airhead from the way he talks & answers) from the Metropcs Rebate Dep., he explained that "The rebate form states exactly where you CANT buy it from, and it only shows two places if you read it: Walmart & BestBuy.....wich means.." (even thou i realy dont think he had AAAANY idea where he was even standing) ..."you CAN..thats right..CAN buy it from Wirefly and recieve the rebate!!!" :hmmmm2: :dontknow:
Since he sounds as dumb as a mule, I would call again to see if I could get someone brighter on the phone. Wouldn't want to lose out on the rebate.

Upvote 0
My sales receipt for the Spirit reads... $304.95 with 6% sales tax & $15 service included, which will be offset to $234.95 after I receive the $70 rebate. This phone was worth every penny, even without the rebate.

I'm using my rebate to get the charging dock. I normally hate mail in rebates "i think its stupid that I the buyer have to jump through a hoop to get money back" When all metro has to do is just give the money offf right when you buy the phone. But the dealer i bought my phone from did everything for me right down to giving me an envelope with the mailing rebate address already printed on it. all i had to do was buy a stamp stick it on and drop the envelope in the mailbox.

Now i just wait 6months and see what excuse metro comes up with so they don't have to give the money back lol joking:p

Upvote 0
My sales receipt for the Spirit reads... $304.95 with 6% sales tax & $15 service included, which will be offset to $234.95 after I receive the $70 rebate. This phone was worth every penny, even without the rebate.

Exactly, even if the rebate don't work throu Wirefly the most i'll lose would be like $5, so i'll just get it today from there...but I'm still gonna give the rebate peeps a couple calls to get a real solid answer. It'll be sweeeet if it works!!!

Upvote 0
*UPDATE

Since he sounds as dumb as a mule, I would call again to see if I could get someone brighter on the phone. Wouldn't want to lose out on the rebate.

Go back up to my post above, click on the attachment banner to make it a little larger and call back and ask DuDe how he proposes that you get the Wirefly receipt to say MetroPCS on it as the next to last line in the mouseprint on the rebate form in clear, unbroken Engleese says return your MetroPCS receipt.

On about the 4th line it says good at Metro dealers or stores only.

I'd be sure and get employee ID #s for WHEN they turn your rebate down... :rolleyes:

[EDIT] I have the question in to them on their Faceplant. Will report back what I hear if anything.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: Toyce7
Upvote 0
I got the LG Spirit and have yet to look back. While I took a pretty hefty hit when selling off the LG Motion I previously had, I have no regrets thus far. To those of you talking about how delicate it is/feels, I counter that this phone begs to be handled with care and delicacy. I want to take great care that I never drop it ever.

I also bought a case for it that came with a better screen protector. Whatever it is, it's made the whole touch thing work very smoothly. And the size is just right. To me, I couldn't be any happier if this was the Samsung Galaxy SIII itself.

And while it's a bit on the expensive side, if you're able to afford it, then I recommend getting it. And even though it doesn't have Jelly Bean, it at least has Ice Cream Sandwich, and personally I feel it still has some in-the-now life to it yet.

In short, I'm very happy with this phone. It does everything I want it to and then some. Just make sure to get MetroGuard. In this case, it'll likely be worth it.

Is the speakerphone on the Spirit as loud and clear as the Motion-

I like the loud speakerphone on Motion ,also really good for playing Internet Radio.

Is the Spirit as good for this ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones