Splash Intense 5400mAh External Battery PackAccessories

Last Updated:

1. lazybots

lazybots Member This Topic's Starter

Amazon.com: splash Intense 5400mAh External Battery Pack for iPhone 4 4G, iPhone 3G 3GS, iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G), Motorola Droid X Eris, HTC Android Phones (Evo, Incredible, G1, Nexus One), Blackberry (9630, 9700, 9550, 9800): Gateway

I got this external battery pack from amazon because I had money on a gift card and wanted to give this a shot.

My review so far:

The product says that it's a 5400mAh External Battery pack. So, technically that might equal out to 3 charges. So far I've only used it once to charge up my battery from about 20 percent when I've been far away from any outlet and such and it still displayed 2 blue bars (It's got 3 blue bars that show you how much battery juice it still has left).

It doesn't charge as fast as I'd like to, more equivalent to the speed you see when you plug it in to the USB port on your PC. So, if you're doing something intensive with it plugged in, it certainly doesn't even seem like it's charging (somewhat stagnant at the same percentage for a while, and bumps up later on). However, if you leave it to the side, it'll charge up to full as if you plugged into the PC.

The great part about this is that I don't have to carry a charger around and I don't need to find an outlet (/rant I find those people who plug in their phones at random places, rather obnoxious for some reason - like really mooching off the people of that place /end-rant). Also, there are a few different plug types with the charge so you can have micro usb, mini usb, iphone plug, etc --> so you can charge a number of other devices as well.

The downside to this product, is well it doesn't come with a damn charger. I know right? You would think that after paying all that money it would be part of the price. The time which it takes to charge may be a deterrent to some as well.

Overall, great for on the road and not knowing if you'll find that elusive plug at X place that you're going to.

If anyone else has bought this, go ahead and let everyone else know what you think of it.

Advertisement
  2. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Interesting find, and I see that Amazon has lots of review from EVO 4G users. Since it didn't come with AC charger, which one did you use to charge it up? If stock moto's 850mA charger, how long does it take to charger it up to full (the Splash device itself)? Also, how long did it take to charge up your DX from 20% to full?

3. lazybots

lazybots Member This Topic's Starter

Hey twister,

Before I found the splash, I bought an extra charger. However you can use the stock one that comes with the X as long as you have a usb to mini usb cable to attach it to (the splash isn't micro usb).

As for charging up the splash, I left it to charge overnight about 8-9 hours and it was good to go. I'm almost certain that it was probably done a couple hours before I was awake.

As for bringing up to full charge from 20%, it took about a little over ~2.25 hours (that's only if you leave it alone most of the time not playing a game or something), just like a USB.

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member