Splashtop HDSupport

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest

So I'm perusing through the apps in SETTINGS to disable the stuff I won't use, and I saw Splashtop HD listed there, yet I don't see it in my app tray. Am I missing something?

Advertisement
    s_special likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I had Cubez and Linked (or something similar) listed as apps on my phone and couldn't find them listed in the app drawer. It turns out they were pre installed, live wallpapers. Do you have a Live wallpaper called Splashtop?
  3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

That's weird. Thanks for the info.
  4. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

Splashtop HD is the part of My Cloud that allows you to remote control computers. It doesn't show up as a separate app, just inside My Cloud. Go to Splashtop website to get Splashtop streamer to install on your pc to control it from anywhere.
    s_special and El Presidente like this.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Oh, so it IS there? Does it function just like the app found in Google Play, or is it something stripped down?
  6. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

I believe it is exactly the same as the stand alone version, just captured inside the my cloud framework. I use it quite a bit and it works very well. I've looked at the market version, but for $10, it isn't worth it not to have to open my cloud and then splashtop.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I'll try to play with that once I get some time.
  8. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

im so loving it, thanks for the thread topic!!
  9. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I never knew this was even there. Tried it using my office computer and it works great
  10. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I found a workaround!

I was looking to see if I could long-press the homescreen to get the context menu, as I wanted to see if I could create a shortcut to directly enter Splashtop and bypass the OEM app. Well, after being disappointed at the fact that long-pressing only brings up the wallpaper menu (Boo!), I did some googling and found that Any Cut can create shortcuts in ICS. Lo and behold, it was able to make a direct shortcut to Splashtop HD. How sweet is that? :D (can you tell I'm a little stoked?)