SPMO files?

Last Updated: 2010-11-15 18:34:48
  1. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello,new to Android and new to forum. I came from Blackberry and liked to keep things cleaned up...unused apps/files etc.
    Now with my Motorola I1, I like to do the same.
    My question is, I came across a file on my SD card named .spmo file...
    Not sure what it is or for, and, can I delete it?

Advertisement
  2. well what is the file called? is it in the root of the sd card?

You can always make a copy of it, and put it elsewhere on the card or on your computer. Then delete the file, and if it messes anything up, just restore the copy.
  3. Mikestony

Well, I pulled up the details of this folder, here's what is says....
    Name: .spmo
    Size: 17,258,126 bytes
    Permissions: drw
    Modified: 2010-09-10 12:06:24
    Number of files: 190
    Device free size: 1.83G
    Device total size: 1.89G

I accessed that information via the Astro File Manager App.
    Maybe I will do as you suggested and save it to computer, then delete from phone and see what fun happens
  4. Mikestony

Update----I just saved the .spmo files on an external drive, then deleted the phone's sd card folder named .spmo..nothing has changed, however, the phone re-created the folder with all the sub-folders which are, at the moment, empty. There is one directory file with 65Kb in it but I cannot open it to see what it is....so far no harm done...will keep an eye out for any other issues, if any, my actions have caused......
  5. GBOARDZ

GBOARDZ New Member

Spmo (SpeedView meta object)

The Spmo format is the object enabler of SpeedView. The Spmo format has the following features:
    • It contains data for rapid decoding of the JPEG images
    • It resides inside the JPEG image or is associated with a specific JPEG file in a separate database. For a JPEG image, the Spmo object is stored at APP4. (Application marker segment). For more information see APP4.
    Note: If the images are transferred to another viewing device that does not have SpeedView capabilities, Spmo is ignored. The output is the image is decoded and treated as any ordinary JPEG image.