Spontaneously Changing NotificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. dukedroid

dukedroid New Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that this is posted already for the HTC tattoo, but both my wife and I are having the same issue on our Verizon (USA) Incredibles, so I thought I'd post here.

The problem seems to happen more often since the 2.2 update. Custom ringtones for individuals, as well as default ringtone, change for no reason, as do notifications. I typically set my notification at zero volume plus vibrate, then the next day I'll hear a notification go off, and find in the settings that the checkbox for using the same volume for notifications as ringtones is checked again. So I have to uncheck it, and slide the notification volume back to zero.

Is there some way to lock my settings?

Advertisement
  2. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Are you using a task killer? I would guess that this is your issue. Task killers cause all kinds of problems and mask the real problems.

3. xmirage2kx

xmirage2kx Member

I had the same issue. 2 factory resets later and finally the issue stopped. not sure of the cure, but I used to have a task killer installed and now I dont. I can't rememeber if I reinstalled it after the first reset.

4. Carm01

Carm01 Member

Having the same issue, however I noticed it after I installed a media player, in this case MixZing. I used to have power amp, but the stupid trial expired. I also have Ring Droid installed as well. I never noticed this problem with my Advanced task Killer.

I have not decided to do a factory reset at this time however fyi.

It would be nice to have a way to lock the settings once set as well

:confused: