• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Spoofing phone identity?

I go to college online and they use Blackboard online for assignments/ grades, etc. Blackboard has a android app where I can do anything on my android phone without going to a computer. The problem is the company only allows sprint users to use this app. Iphone users can also use the app only if they are on wifi, which leads to my question. I have a HTC Aria on ATT network. What my thinking is is that the application reads what kind of phone I have and then determines my eligibility for that app. Can I spoof my identity into having the app think that I have a Iphone or any sprint android phone so I can get the app and use it successfully. Is it even possible? I don't know. Can anyone shed some light?:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones