• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sports Applications

Sportstap is both free and awesome. This is one of the most complete sports apps with all major sports and some international. One of the nicer features is setting favorite teams which will provide scoring updates during games. It also can use GPS with the Local tap feature to give scores within a specific radius of your location.

Upvote 0
Sportsman is both free and awesome. This is one of the most complete sports apps with all major sports and some international. One of the nicer features is setting favorite teams which will provide scoring updates during games. It also can use GPS with the Local tap feature to give scores within a specific radius of your location.
Got a link for this somewhere? I couldn't find it on appbrain.

Upvote 0
Just downloaded the fanfeedr app, and it works great!! Here is a screen shot of the app I found on google images

Android-FanFeed.png

Reactions: stainlessray
Upvote 0
I think the ESPN app is disappointing. I only have it installed to use the widget.

you mean espn scorecenter? the widget IS the app, thats the point.

I posted earlier about the ESPN Radio app, seems to have been deleted, and I have no idea why that would be, so i will mention it again... not free, but gives 24\7 espn radio stations from all over the country. FREAKIN SWEET.

also like phillies news pro, and baseball browser widgets...

Upvote 0
you mean espn scorecenter? the widget IS the app, thats the point.

I posted earlier about the ESPN Radio app, seems to have been deleted, and I have no idea why that would be, so i will mention it again... not free, but gives 24\7 espn radio stations from all over the country. FREAKIN SWEET.

also like phillies news pro, and baseball browser widgets...
There's more to a sports app for me than just a widget. I like to see scores for other teams around the league as well (which requires me going into the app) and the standings. I find the navigation of the app a bit clumsy.

Upvote 0
There's more to a sports app for me than just a widget. I like to see scores for other teams around the league as well (which requires me going into the app) and the standings. I find the navigation of the app a bit clumsy.

I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same app. ESPN Scorecenter, allows you to choose different teams within a bunch of sports, and "arrow" up and down through them. it's easily changed so you could set your teams to follow based on the days event schedule and just arrow up and down all day... i'm not sure if i got it in the market, or from appbrain market, i'll try to find out for you.

AND ESPN RADIO FOR ANDROID IS THE BEST 4.99 I EVER SPENT

OK, It's in the market. http://androidapplications.com/61738-espn-scorecenter run the app first. add teams, then install the widget. any time you want, you can run the app again, and add and remove teams. there is up to the minute score updates right in the widget and you just arrow through them.

stainlessray-albums-screens-picture1488-atomicwater-3.png

at the bottom of this screen... I have all my philly teams, and because it's baseball season, the whole NL east for obvious reasons, in "my teams" so whenever they play, i can tab through for scores, and records. and i can launch from the widget to a pitch by pitch thats just like mlb "at bat"
It's a VERY inclusive app.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure you and I are talking about the same app. ESPN Scorecenter, allows you to choose different teams within a bunch of sports, and "arrow" up and down through them. it's easily changed so you could set your teams to follow based on the days event schedule and just arrow up and down all day... i'm not sure if i got it in the market, or from appbrain market, i'll try to find out for you.
I may have in fact gotten it through ESPN mobile sports home. also have an espn account and choose my sports and teams through there...
AND ESPN RADIO FOR ANDROID IS THE BEST 4.99 I EVER SPENT
We are. The widget is just for favorite teams. I have to go into the app to see the rest of the teams which is why the app matters to me. My post was in response to what you said about just the widget being the app lol unless I misunderstood you.

I'm surprised the developer left out standings.

Upvote 0
We are. The widget is just for favorite teams. I have to go into the app to see the rest of the teams which is why the app matters to me. My post was in response to what you said about just the widget being the app lol unless I misunderstood you.

I'm surprised the developer left out standings.

standings are 1 touch away... the app has tons of stuff, the widget gives you instant current info, not sure what you are after. seems like the best of both worlds to me.

ESPN Radio for android is the best 4.99 i ever spent!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones