Sport's Apps

Last Updated:

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Will there be many sports apps? seen nba and the baseball beta...Football is my main one :D

Advertisement
  2. Droid503

Droid503 Member

I'm hoping for an espn fantasy football app.

3. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

4. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member

This is a biiiiig worry of mine...

Ever since push notification came out for the iPhone app, Sportacular, I've become addicted. I can set it to send me push notifications on quarters ending, score changes, 3 hours before gametime, etc....it's become immensely useful....Anyone know of something like this on the Droid?

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sports Tap....This is great i used this app while i had my iphone....

6. DoubleB 01

DoubleB 01 New Member

I agree stangs...droid needs an app like the one apple has with sportacular. By far the best comprehensive sports app out there.

Someone needs to work on duplicating this one for the droid.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I LOVE SportsTap! I use it Alllllll weekend! ;)

8. Megasean

Megasean Well-Known Member

Try out Scoreboard by GOOGLE. For some reason not many people know about this and use sportstap instead. Scoreboard lets you customized your fav teams and set updates for scoring based on quarter, period, each goal/point. The updates show on the notification bar as well. Its a sweet app, with a great widget.

9. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I've tried several of these apps and there isn't one single app that does everything I want.

Sportstap - Good notifications, has the main American sports, but individual player stats don't seem to update until some time after the game is over. Has an ok widget.

Scoreboard - Has many more sports than Sportstap (AHL hockey is the specific one that I use that no other program has.) Notifications are better. It shows a baseball, basketball, hockey puck, etc. depending on what the notification is for instead of the single plain notification Sportstap has. But it doesn't have much of anything for game or player statistics and it updates pretty slow at times. It also has a better widget in my opinion.

Live Scores - Only has the main American sports, and doesn't do notifications. It does have great game and individual player stats updated throughout the game. Also, doesn't have a widget.

Sportstap is the most all around app but I'm a big fan of seeing individual player stats throughout the game. I use a combination of Scoreboard for notifications and Live Scores for game and player statistics.

10. Jerm13

Jerm13 Well-Known Member

Do any of these apps have NCAA hockey?

Probably not, I looked, but here's hoping I missed it.

11. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I tried Sportstap, and it seemed ok for a while, but I got sick of it never updating and when I'd try to do it manually it would just throw blank white screens at me. I was severely spoiled on the iphone with Sportacular, and it seems the devs are bringing most of that functionality to their Android release too. It just keeps getting better and better.

PS I think they call it Live Scores for the Android for some reason.

12. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I havent found anything either, it would be a great addition, but a pretty small market as a whole I'd imagine.