SportsTap & Scoreboard App Icons??General

Last Updated:

1. Gman9955

Gman9955 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi gang........I've done a search on this, but haven't found the info I've been looking for so I thought I'd start a new thread. Perhaps this is basic for the experts out there, but how do I get the SportsTap & Scoreboard icons which show your favorite teams/schedules/etc? I've installed both apps, but only get the standard icons: <o> for SportsTap and a 3-2 icon for Scoreboard.

What am I missing here? :confused: I love the look of the actual matchup icon that many of you have on your screenshots and layouts. Below is a sample from SteveOlicious which appears to be his Scoreboard icon (Norfolk Admirals).

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help!!

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Those are widgets for the apps. You can add them by hitting the little plus sign at the bottom right and going into Android Widgets. Look for the name of the app and select it.

Word of warning on these two though. They can be serious battery killers when they are left to update all the time.

3. Gman9955

Gman9955 New Member This Topic's Starter

Now that was embarrassingly easy. Maybe that's why I couldn't figure it out ;)

Thanks for the help!

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

No problem and don't feel bad. We were all new to this at some point. Just remember that if it is showing more than an icon it is probably a widget.

5. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah SportsTap will drain your battery insanely fast if not set up right.
    I just have a few of my favorite sports teams on the update widget and my updates for every 30minutes . Works nice and I don't have any real battery drain issues on those settings.
    My favorite app by far since I'm a huge sports nerd

6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Ok, I really like looking at my running services in 2.1. I've noticed that Sports Tap (favorite team) is always running. It never goes away, even if I haven't used Sports Tap in a few days. I have all notifications and updates turned off and I don't use the widget.

Does anyone else have Sports Tap running all the time. Negative impact on battery, I presume?