spotify is in the app store!

Last Updated:

1. keithwright

keithwright Active Member This Topic's Starter

You probably all know already but for those of you that don't, it is here!......how will the other music streamers cope?

.....sorry America

Advertisement
  2. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Only for premium users though...

3. Antiman

Antiman Member

Anybody have any idea how much streaming this for say 3 hours a day would use in data?

4. Zappy

Zappy Member

none if you sync the playlists you use. If you listen to the radio, at a 160 bitrate, you would use 72MB\hour ((160\8)*3600). Double that if 320 bitrate is possible.

5. keithwright

Got it last night and upgraded to premium straight away. First impressions are that this is definitely going to change the way I use my phone for music, it is fast to sync and quicker than any other method I found for getting music onto your phone.
    So far for me the only niggle is that there is not a homescreen widget to skip tracks etc. while multitasking

If you have any questions I will have a go at answering them..........nothing to technical *cough

...and if you are unsure I would say try it for a month (

6. projekte

projekte Member

yep I've got some questions - why cant I play spotify playlists while offline? it lets me create them, but when it comes to playing i get a message saying 'you cannot play this track with over 2G (GPRS)' ????

And then when I enable 3g it's slow and blocky, keeps stopping...damn annoying having just upgraded to premium!

7. humbug

humbug Member

I installed Spotify last night. Found the user interface a little bit quirky occasionally (found it odd how tracks by some artists were sorted, making it tricky to find a particular song or album sometimes) but generally very impressed.

And aren't we lucky compared to the iPhone crowd who can't listen to music while switching to another application on their phone?

If anyone's in doubt you can sign up for just one month for

8. Antiman

Antiman Member

yep I've got some questions - why cant I play spotify playlists while offline? it lets me create them, but when it comes to playing i get a message saying 'you cannot play this track with over 2G (GPRS)' ???? And then when I enable 3g it's slow and blocky, keeps stopping...damn annoying having just upgraded to premium!

You have to sync the playlist to the phone first and downloading over 2g won't work and over 3g will eat data allowance,connect to wi fI and do it

9. keithwright

....and to sync you have to click the offline playlists button (top left) then check the playlists that you want to sync

What I found strange is that if you click on an artist in your - already made - playlists their albums come up in the overview tab, yet when you 'search' for the same artist their albums come up in the album tab.....if this makes any sense

Still boggled by the possibilities, sitting here with uncut and word magazines putting new albums on my Hero that I want to listen to offline...... all on the fly!!

10. keithwright

Just read that they are planning an offline pc/laptop mode too!

11. projekte

projekte Member

You have to sync the playlist to the phone first and downloading over 2g won't work and over 3g will eat data allowance,connect to wi fI and do it
    ....and to sync you have to click the offline playlists button (top left) then check the playlists that you want to sync

Thanks, yes am doing that but still cant sync and still saying cant play in 2g when I'm def in 3g??

12. otroean

otroean New Member

1. create a playlist and add song to it.
    2. make it an offline playlist
    3. choose force offline modus in settings menu (in spotify)
    4. play song from the playlist.

Topbar in spotify is blue in offline modus and green in online.

Upgraded the day Spotify came om the market and I'm VERY satisfied :D

13. keithwright

I have only used WiFi to sync and am not familiar with syncing over 3g but will have a shot.
    Here's what happens when I do it just to make sure you are on the right track; First off I check the playlists I want to sync then click the done button (a small blue progress bar highlights under the playlist that is syncing,) when all is finished the synced playlist has a green arrow next to it showing that it has synced successfully and is ready to be played offline - which you can try out using the force offline button.....I presume none of this is happening for you

Do you have the sync over 3g button turned on? - found in 'more' then 'settings'
    I have also read that for some problems it helps if you uninstall then reinstall the app
    ....and if you can find a WiFi connection i would be tempted to test it out on one just to make sure that everything is working fine apart from the 2g/3g issue

There is a good Spotify help site for mobiles that I will find the link for if you are still having trouble

14. projekte

projekte Member

Ok, thanks. it seems that things are working in wifi but not at all in 3g.

I realise it's better to sync in wifi, but would be nice if it worked in 3g...any suggestions or links for this much appreciated.

15. keithwright

Glad its working somewhat for you.

This link is for Spotify mobile questions and suggestions, I find it quite useful...

getsatisfaction.com/spotify/products/spotify_spotify_mobile

Hope that link comes up clickable....still getting to grips with the hero

16. keithwright

17. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member