Spouse or Family member trying to hog YOUR X??

Last Updated:

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I got the X a couple days ago. Man it is awesome. I love it. Cant put it down. One Problem. The Fiancee. She doesnt have a smart phone, just does prepaid. But she keeps asking me for the phone to play with. Now shes discovered Amazon Kindle on it and wants to play with that. Im not trying to be stingy or a jerk. But its kinda annoying. Anyone else having a friend, lover, family member or whatever that cant keep their hands off your X!!????!!!???

Advertisement
  2. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I heard a quote once..."if you've ever borrowed something more than twice, it's time to get your own." Good luck with that :)

3. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

I bought his and hers, so I don't have that problem, Prepaid is ghetto and may times more expensive then an actual contract.

4. thecrock0984

Ghetto? I really dont appreciate that man. My fiancee just doesnt use her phone a whole lot except for calls. I like the smart phone because I can stay connected while at the firehouse for 24. This was a harmless thread. Back off man.

5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Every time I go to my sister's, she takes my phone and starts playing Flight Director. She did the same thing with my Eris before the X.

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

My parents don't give a crap about smartphones. lol They stay with the simple flip phones of ancient times. :p Most advanced thing they know how to do is speed dial.

7. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Damn Moochers!!

:p

8. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

hah! it was a joke man.

Have you thought about getting her a Verizon phone? its only $10 bucks a month to share the minutes and you will have the security of full roaming if oyu need it, somthing prepaids dont usually. do.

9. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member

That's why I ordered one for myself and my wife. :D

10. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

In his defense.. Prepaid is kinda ghetto..

11. thecrock0984

Whats yalls definition of ghetto? Is this a black thing yall are reffering too? I dont see the problem. Its cheaper in these economic times. I dont know what makes it ghetto? Why if someone says a thread is stupid they get a warning. But talk like this goes on and the board monitors look away. Open your eyes board monitors. There is no room for attacking someone who uses a prepaid phone or using the term ghetto to describe them or it.

12. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

13. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

my bf.... yes he tries to snag mine! his upgrade isn't due until april ... he wants to add another line JUST to get an X but i'm holding out till april.

btw we have a joint account....

14. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of showing a few neat apps to my wife, then she'll hog it for hours. She just has a feature phone, the LG Cosmos and no extra plans.

When she found out she was able to download free ringtones with my phone and use on hers, I didn't see it for about 5 hours.

15. teknonoob

teknonoob Member

When I had my incredible, my wife couldn't stop playing this game called balloon, but the kicker for me was, she has an iphone, and is on it to do work, social networking, and other things. Now that I have the DX, she wants to play that game again, but I've been having problems with wifi, so I've been trying to resolve the issue with verizon, so she's mad at me because I'm constantly on the phone with customer service. It got worse after verizon sent me a replacement DX and that one has the buzzing issue with the ear piece, so of course I'm back on the phone with verizon. Anyways that's my rant. @thecrock0984 be safe and I'm in the same boat, the firehouse is where I can really enjoy my phone.

16. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member

yup Iphone user(wife) constantly wants to use the X... then she finds out about latitude, but i'm glad it's not available on iPhone :D

17. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

why is it when someone says the word ghetto people have to throw out the race card... really? :rolleyes:

18. meshdub

meshdub Member

You might be referring to something else (locale?), but latitude IS available for the iPhone. My friend has it enabled.

19. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

My wife who has gone on record that she hates my phone. I tried to upgrade her to an Incredible, but she ended up w/ a new Blackberry (which was ultimately a good idea). However, she just discovered Jewels on my phone...

20. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

theres a game like jewels on the blackberry. My girlfriend took my bb when I got the X and she found that game yesterday, now shes addicted lol

21. awells527

awells527 Well-Known Member

Time to set a screen lock pattern maybe?

22. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I too have been hit by the "I wanna play with your phone..." bug - BUT I don't complain when that person buys me a game/app on my X for "their" enjoyment & in turn mine later :D

23. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

I got my X the Monday after it came out. As cool and useful as I think it is, my wife started playing with it and just wouldn't put it down. Discovered camera, video, and one button uploads to facebook and youtube. We were on a road trip and it's all she did was bury her face in my phone. She never showed so much interest in her Curve. Found a BB buy the end of the week where we happened to be that had one in stock and snagged it. Now she can bury her face in her own X :)

24. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Thats because all she CAN do with her phone is use it for calls. Clearly she wants a DX and all the features it has, and since she would be a new customers for verizon she'll get a good deal on the phone.

Ghetto is a description of something cheap and low end.. pay per use cell phones are pretty much the bottom of the cell phone food chain.

I bought both my wife any myself a DX, and we are both loving them. She probably spends more time web browsing and reading free ebooks then using it as a phone.. so I saved money not buying her an ebook reader, and a web book.

25. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

I was visiting my aunt and uncle this weekend and i showed him my phone and he got a hold of "fishin to go lite" haha bad idea my whole family was competing to who could catch the biggest fish almost the whole time i was there