• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spouses.....

I've found that you have to learn to love yourself before you can truly be happy and love someone else.

My father is a good man, but he almost worked himself into an early grave. He came from a generation that one defined themselves by what they did and how hard they worked.
My dad's friends, when they shook someone's hand, they didn't say "Hi, how ya doing?" They would say "Hi, what do you do?"

So I learned my work ethic from my dad, but that's about it. lol

@Stinky Stinky
I don't know what life has thrown at you brother, but I've been to hell, rented a room, paid for the tour, and almost bought property.
I used to think that I was better off being alone and even thought I wasn't worth loving.
After serving 18 months in Iraq and 6 months in Afghanistan I came away with a whole new appreciation for life.
You gotta find whatever happiness makes you whole. It's purely up to you to find it.

I was able to find it with an amazing woman who is to smart, and to beautiful for the likes of me.
You will get there. Just keep on keeping on. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
My beauty I feel comes from inventing or doing something never been done before... and then taking all that money and power and using it to kill the people that have wronged me!!

I have tried to get the hearts and love from other people but just been left destroyed and wrecked and hurt and depressed... I don't love man as much as I used to...

I hate mankind.

If I could I would kill everybody and just destroy everything because I hate it all so much.

hate hate hate hate

I love the darkness. The darkness is gorgeous... I embrace the dark side... not joking like some kind of "clown".

I am being dead serious.

If I had the power I would get revenge on people that have hurt me badly in the past. Some people do not deserve to live.

Why attempt to love someone when it is all just a bunch of lies and deceit?

This man of steel wants to use his power to DESTROY.

If I ever get enough money and power - heads will roll!

NO ONE makes a fool out of me!

Upvote 0
My beauty I feel comes from inventing or doing something never been done before... and then taking all that money and power and using it to kill the people that have wronged me!!

I hate mankind.

If I could I would kill everybody and just destroy everything because I hate it all so much.

hate hate hate hate

If I had the power I would get revenge on people that have hurt me badly in the past. Some people do not deserve to live.

QUOTE]

everybody vs people that hurt you... big difference

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
You see, I had a perfect role model in my father ... perfect in what NOT to be. Anytime life confronts me with a hard decision all I have to do is think what my father would have done and do the opposite. Hasn't failed me yet. :cool:

I envy you that, my father died before I got my first birthday cake. My Paternal Grandfather filled that role for me, and his example was a mixed bag, I gained both good and bad from him. So I have to watch myself to NOT be too much like him in some ways and to certainly try to live up to his good examples in others. But I think that struggle may have made me a better person in the long run, and I guarantee you this. I wouldn't change a thing in my history, good or bad, because it made me who I am and guided me down the road to this moment and this time.
:cool:

Upvote 0
My wife has been so stressed and has dealt with so many emotions this past weekend. Our oldest graduated on Saturday and moved with his girlfriend on Monday. He had a rough senior year but he made it through high school lol
Bless her heart because she has worried and worried about him since January and now he is striking out on his own.
She has help up like a rock though.

Upvote 0
We had to push our son out of the nest last year. He was very comfortable sleeping in, playing games, and generally wasting his life away. In a move that many (including us) would call "tough love", we told him that if he was going to do nothing, he couldn't do it here. We gave him an end date six months out and STUCK TO IT. And on that end date, we helped him pack his car and we even filled his gas tank for him.

He's in another state now, staying with friends, working his way toward management at a retail outlet. We keep in touch almost every day. He's not bitter or angry with us. If anything, he's grateful that we did what we did to jump start him into adulthood.

To stay on topic, the Darling Bride cried and moped for awhile, and I supported her the best I could. But in the end, he's living a mostly stable life and - other than three stupid dogs - we're now happy empty nesters with two grown & gone adult kids who are doing just fine as young adults.

:)

Upvote 0
We are far from empty nesters. My son will be a Freshman next year and our sweet little girl is going into the 3rd grade. We are down to 3 foster kids who will be Jr's and sr's next year. We have decided not to continue to do foster care after they are gone. We want to have a little more time for ourselves and our last 2 youngins.
It wasn't an easy decision but it's best for us.

Upvote 0
wow.. foster homes..
that requires a lot of love and patience...

I come up short on one of those.... :p
It does and it requires a lot of money lol
Still have kids who are grown who come home for Christmas and other occasions. That's what makes it worth it. We know we made them apart of our family and gave them a fighting chance at life.
One of our foster sons was accepted to Cornell and one of our foster daughters was accepted to Harvard, Yale, and Princeton.
She choose Harvard because of the Campus lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones