SPRecovery is broken on my phone!

Last Updated:

1. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The last 2 days, since i have been swapping roms around, sprecovery has been acting really funny. Mostly hanging up an freezing in the middle of making an nandroid backup. Any ideas as to what could have caused it? Im trying to back up petes new rom BB1.0 before i try to change kernals and add the mms pack. Ive had to do battery pulls and start over 2 or 3 different times today. I do the custom backup, where i can name them accordingly. On the moto droid

Advertisement
  2. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

I'm new at this stuff myself and only having used SPRecovery in the beginning, then switching to Rom Manager, I can only recommend switching to Rom Manager as soon as possible. Much more flexible and easy to use. I however am having problems getting backups to restore without getting an MD5 checksum error, which I need to find out about.... good luck.

3. bamaredwingsfan

SpRecovery is still broken on my droid. I cannot do a nandroid backup of any kind. Would reloading sprecovery help? Or should i just do a complete SD card wipe, and go with clockwork from here on out?

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

have you tried using clockwork recovery? you can get it with rom manager.

5. bamaredwingsfan

No. Do i need to get the premium version of rom manager? Can i import my nandroid backups to it?

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

not sure if the free version allows you to but you can flash clock work or sprecovery from it. as far as i know nandroid backup do not work yet. but i would try flashing to clockwork then back to sprecovery and see if that helps.

7. bamaredwingsfan

Will that install a new fresh version of sprecovery or will it just load the current version on your phone?

8. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

There really is no current version on your phone (if you flashed a different recovery)... it will flash the SPRecovery that is in RomManager. When you flash a recovery (i.e. Clockwork Mod) it overwrites any recovery that is on your phone, so if you flash Clockwork Mod recovery and you had SPRecovery before that then the SPRecovery is gone it is not on your phone anymore.

9. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

as long as you have the SPrecovery file on your phone it will still be there. You can still install it with ROM manager after you install clockwork. IMO clockwork is better and easier to use. Its basically the same thing and SPR. Nandroids from SPR wont work with clockwork, but just make a clockwork back up and you will be fine.

10. b3nder

b3nder Active Member

i was having the same issue as bamaredwingsfan, my SPRecovery kept on freezing. Installed clockwork as a lot of people recommended.. tried making a backup as soon as I could, as soon as clockwork was making the backup things were going good.. phone appeared to freeze at a file in the data portion called "obj2103".. let phone sit for 10-15 min, finally went through.. working great now.

free version of clockwork appears to be fine for the time being.

11. bamaredwingsfan

Yeah i ponyed up, an got the pay version of rom manager. I have made a backup or 2 so far with no problems. Rom manager is new to me so, i will have to get the hang of it:D

12. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

You might want to try a restore just to be safe. I keep getting the MD5Sum error but manually doing the sum using terminal emulator lets me complete a restore if I ever really need it.