sprecovery vs clockwork?

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there benefits one over the other ..whats been your experiences

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Probably one of the biggest things to note is that you can only use ROM Manager with Clockworkmod Recovery. ROM Manager is incredibly useful and they are including new things you can do with it every release.

This isn't really a difference between the two recovery software packages themselves, but possibly more important.

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what about backups..does clockwork have its own kind of backups can u restore nandroid through it or its something else?

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

SPRecovery is more stable overall...it hasn't had any updates for quite a while, and I've never had it miss or make a single mistake in many, many backup/restore uses. It's more broadly used/supported in the Droid community than clockwork mod.

Clockwork recovery may end up being a little more sophisticated overall, but it is getting frequent (too frequent, IMHO) updates that indicate a lack of stability IMHO...the last I read one known issue was that in some cases it will fail when generating the MD5 at the end of a backup. That has happened to me once.

That said, I'm using clockwork recovery as I've switched over to Cyanogenmod ROMs, and at this point think I'll be staying w/them for a while.

Unless you are going to start using Cyanogenmod ROMs primarily, I'd stay w/SPRecovery.

Clockwork and SPRecovery nandroid backups are not compatible.

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Dupe...

6. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i dunno what the deal with clockwork is, i do know that i haven't come away from cyanogen YET, i pretty much have the droid how i want it. its smooth, its fast, its clean. it does what i want.