• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Springpad or Evernote?

Hey everyone - I've been struggling with the same exact issue since last November when Springpad really revved up their service and made a shiny new interface. I've been a very loyal Evernote fan for quite some time. I've posted about it before on my site, and I've had a lot of questions lately about which one is better. For Android, both services really amped up their widgets - especially Springpad with their customizations! I just put a chart together that talks about these differences at length. I'd love to get your feedback - am I on the money or way off?? Visualized: Evernote vs Springpad – is it really a competition? dan gold, esq.. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone - I've been struggling with the same exact issue since last November when Springpad really revved up their service and made a shiny new interface. I've been a very loyal Evernote fan for quite some time. I've posted about it before on my site, and I've had a lot of questions lately about which one is better. For Android, both services really amped up their widgets - especially Springpad with their customizations! I just put a chart together that talks about these differences at length. I'd love to get your feedback - am I on the money or way off?? Visualized: Evernote vs Springpad

Reactions: dangoldesq
Upvote 0
Wow, excellent stuff. I really WANT to use Springpad but never really knew how to separate the two. I collect everything in Evernote ("Remember Everything") because I'm a packrat and knowing I have something and tagging it and locating it easily. But there is something about Springpad I really want to love. I've not looked at it in awhile, and didn't want to use both because I thought it would be redundant, and I'd always have to think about, well, does this need to be an ENote item, or a SPad item. They each have their pros and cons, and being a graphic designer and a brand manager, Springpad is much more aesthetically pleasing. But that's not enough to make a decision! I'm willing to try both and love your suggestions on how to use each one for different things. Your chart is comprehensive, thanks for that...more later!

Thanks so much Markus. I'm in the same boat as you - I love the way SP looks. It's beautiful to look at. Their "Board" is gorgeous. Being able to "touch" your notes on the iPad is amazing. But is that enough? I'm with you on that one and it really depends on what you want to do. I'm glad you liked the chart!

Upvote 0
That is why I like Evernote. I have the Windows client installed and all my notes exist locally. I don't need an Internet connect to have access to my info.

I have to say, it is for that very reason, I am quite pleased with Evernote. Relying on the Cloud is one thing - but not being able to access it because of a thunderstorm is a whole other problem. Tools like Evernote, which provides you with a local "thick" client that syncs up to the cloud and Dropbox, which provides you with local copies of what's being automatically synced to the cloud give you comfort that you will always have access to your data. The whole Amazon issue yesterday is very troubling and should make everyone second guess which cloud services they rely upon most. Cheers!

Upvote 0
Well I was trying Springpad and trying to figure if I liked Springpad or Evernote, Yesterday Springpad servers at Amazon went down and are still down today. That indicates the dependability of Springpad. I deleted all my Springpad info off of my computers and installed Evernote.

An App like this has to be dependable.

Springpad is on it! Read this on their blog during the Amazon outage:

"Offline access on your computer: In a matter of weeks, we expect to release offline access for all users, utilizing html5 via the Chrome browser. We know that this does you no good today, but hopefully sets your mind at ease a bit.
Offline access via mobile apps: The Springpad iPhone, Android and iPad apps currently offer offline access. If a user is already logged in and stays logged in, they can access their data offline and continue to save new things

Upvote 0
I've tried valiantly with enthusiasm and renewed energy after spending time reading about all the updates and changes to SpringPad. Although it's interface is great eye-candy, it turns out that it just doesn't work like the way I use Evernote. Perhaps that is unfair, as I really shouldn't make SP do what EN 'does', the same way, but I was using SpringPad BEFORE I discovered EN, and have quit, gone back, quit, tried again, and now, quit SpringPad again.

I REALLY want it to work, or even supplement my Evernote use, but I've just found EN is simply what I need.

Upvote 0
Well I was trying Springpad and trying to figure if I liked Springpad or Evernote, Yesterday Springpad servers at Amazon went down and are still down today. That indicates the dependability of Springpad. I deleted all my Springpad info off of my computers and installed Evernote.

An App like this has to be dependable.

Dude. A large portion of the internet went down with the ec2 failure last month. You can't blame springpad for that.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone - I've been struggling with the same exact issue since last November when Springpad really revved up their service and made a shiny new interface. I've been a very loyal Evernote fan for quite some time. I've posted about it before on my site, and I've had a lot of questions lately about which one is better. For Android, both services really amped up their widgets - especially Springpad with their customizations! I just put a chart together that talks about these differences at length. I'd love to get your feedback - am I on the money or way off?? Visualized: Evernote vs Springpad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones