Sprint 2.1 leak/Fresh 2.0d questions

Last Updated:

1. gdubmedia

gdubmedia Member This Topic's Starter

Sooo...I have a few questions about switching ROMs to the new 2.1/2.0. I'm currently running Fresh 1.1, but I really want 2.1, especially after having played with it on my dad's Droid.

I rooted through prekitchen and am running Fresh 1.1. I don't understand the whole "adbshell/DOSprompt" root method, so I just stuck with the kitchen. What would be the easiest to flash: the new Fresh? or the Sprint 2.1 leak? When I do go to flash, do I have to revert back to my stock recovery image and get rid of F1.1? or can I just flash a new ROM over top of it, after making a backup of course.

And can I do these things on a mac? or do I need to use my wife's pc?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Advertisement
  2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

The new Fresh is great. I've been running it for the past few weeks and I like it alot. Easiest way to flash it is just to download it and put it on the root(not in a folder) then boot into recovery. Do a nadroid back up, do a wipe(factory data reset) then flash the zip from sd card. Once it finishes installing reboot and after a few mins you will be ready to go. I would read the thread over at XDA for full details.

Also is the new kitchen on mac now or still pc? I haven' looked at it in a long time.

gdubmedia likes this.
  3. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

nvm.

2.0d is good...

gdubmedia likes this.
  4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

It was built on Windows 7. Haven't seen a MAC version yet :)

gdubmedia likes this.
  5. gdubmedia

Thanks for the help guys. After some PC issues (why I switched to mac...hate windows) I finally got 2.0d on the Hero. Now..question about the Live Wallpapers fix and the vanilla lock screen fix. They're both zip files like the actual Fresh ROM, so do I flash those to the phone just like I would Fresh or Damagecontrol? I put the zip file on the root, then boot in RA and select "choose zip" right?

Thanks in advance!!

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Correct. Anything that is a signed zip can be flashed, just like you did the ROM. The only difference here is, you don't usually have to wipe before flashing when apply themes or mods.

tlpalmer01 and gdubmedia like this.
  7. gdubmedia

Sweet! Awesome. Thanks so much for the help. I figure...I'm getting an EVO soon, so why not start playing around a little bit. Once I get another phone, I'd like to start learning the SDK and use my Hero as a test device. Are there any (somewhat) easy-to-understand app development/SDK guides out there?