• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint 4g Sim Card Question/4g Activation

NYankee

Aug 27, 2012
I know that on VZW you have the sim card for a 4g phone with the sim card being unique to your phone #. And that the card you can take out of one 4g phone and put it into another with VZW.

I am getting the Galaxy Note 2 and doing an alternate upgrade. I read that the sim card is embedded and you cant take it out. Does anybody know how Sprint handles their activations for a 4g device?

I know that on VZW you have the sim card for a 4g phone with the sim card being unique to your phone #. And that the card you can take out of one 4g phone and put it into another with VZW.

I am getting the Galaxy Note 2 and doing an alternate upgrade. I read that the sim card is embedded and you cant take it out. Does anybody know how Sprint handles their activations for a 4g device?

The activation is no different than any other device on Sprint. What you heard was true.

Upvote 0
Yup, just like any other Sprint phone, you have to call them or go to one of their stores and they will remotely activate it for you. Some Verizon phones, or GSM carriers like AT&T or T-mobile allow you to simply swap out the sim card and put into into another phone.

Sprint for some reason still embeds the sim like card deep in the device where you cannot get to it without tearing your phone apart. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to activate the phone.

Hoping that will change but probably not anytime soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones