• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Airave (Post #1 has a quick "FAQ" for help)

I finally got the Airvana! I just moved to another state where the signal is supposed to be great but inside my new home, I got no bars, or was strictly roaming. EVO wouldn't ring, would have to go outside to let the voice mails/texts roll in, etc. It was a PITA!

I had called when I still lived in Arizona and got shot down for the Airave even though I didn't get very good signal there. But when I called Sprint after being in my home less than 1 week with absolutely no service inside, I got the go ahead for the free Airvana. No monthly fees, no $99.99 fee for the tower itself. I had trouble last night with it finding the signal, but when I woke up this morning, I was thrilled to see full 6 bars! Man I love this thing and having signal again. Sprint has really made me happy. :D

My speed test this morning was 1.98 meg down, .80 up. :)

Oh, I forgot to add, has anyone else seen a problem with their network slowing down? My laptop, which connects wirelessly to my router, has slowed down a LOT. Is there a work around for this?

Upvote 0
Oh, I forgot to add, has anyone else seen a problem with their network slowing down? My laptop, which connects wirelessly to my router, has slowed down a LOT. Is there a work around for this?
Take this with a grain of salt, because my sister-in-law is not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff, but she says plugging in the Airave has at least partially fixed their laptop's connection problems. The cat knocked their combo modem/wireless router off of the cabinet and the antenna broke. I told her to call for a new, hopefully free, replacement but nooo. And now, somehow, the laptop connects more reliably (bumped the antenna just right while plugging in the Airave?). If she didn't live 5 hours away, I'd have already been there figuring out what the hell she's talking about.

Upvote 0
Take this with a grain of salt, because my sister-in-law is not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff, but she says plugging in the Airave has at least partially fixed their laptop's connection problems. The cat knocked their combo modem/wireless router off of the cabinet and the antenna broke. I told her to call for a new, hopefully free, replacement but nooo. And now, somehow, the laptop connects more reliably (bumped the antenna just right while plugging in the Airave?). If she didn't live 5 hours away, I'd have already been there figuring out what the hell she's talking about.

That's funny. ;) I think what my problem was is a Linksys Internet Cam. I unplugged it and everything seems to be back to normal. Whew! Glad it wasn't the Airvana. I wasn't ready to choose between cell service in my house or my internet. LOL

Upvote 0
nevermind. FINALLY got one. monthly fee waived too. yay!

Did you get the email from them telling you, it's shipped? I had to call sprint back after waiting 2 weeks and no airave. It seems the csr I spoke to, never had my airave shipped out.

I was informed by the second csr that since I was still under my 30 days guarantee I did not qualify. I had to wait til it was over, and the first csr never told me that.

The second csr had to make a call to the airave people and finally it got sent out. I called on Thursday and the next day got my tracking number. She told me it was gonna be overnight, but it was sent ground....

I don't care at this point, as long as it's on it's way. It should be here on Tuesday according to UPS.

One thing I would like to ask all the airave owners, my router is nowhere near any windows is this gonna be a problem? It's in the basement and the closest window is 30 feet away, but again it's a basement window. Do I need to move the router?

Upvote 0
ok, here is what you can try

in the back, there is a reset button, recessed..
get a paper and when the airrave is on, hold the reset button in AT LEAST 15 seconds...let it go, wait a second, then unplug everything again, and re-install it..
That is a hard reset, and that should fix the unit,just make sure you hold it in AT LEAST 15 seconds..

Reactions: daddyd302
Upvote 0
ok, here is what you can try

in the back, there is a reset button, recessed..
get a paper and when the airrave is on, hold the reset button in AT LEAST 15 seconds...let it go, wait a second, then unplug everything again, and re-install it..
That is a hard reset, and that should fix the unit,just make sure you hold it in AT LEAST 15 seconds..

Wooot working now, thanks!!!

Upvote 0
remember, you have to reset your modem and router BEFORE you install this thing..

Apparently I never saw this anywhere in the instructions as I am getting the same amber flashing light on the mobile and green flashing light on the broadband. How do I reset the modem and router? Are there reset buttons on the back just like the airave?

Upvote 0
Apparently I never saw this anywhere in the instructions as I am getting the same amber flashing light on the mobile and green flashing light on the broadband. How do I reset the modem and router? Are there reset buttons on the back just like the airave?

Yo've never had to reset your modem and router?

Generally speaking, you disconnect the power cord, the antenna/cable, and all the other connecting cables, wait about 60 seconds, then reconnect them, one at a time, power cord last...

Upvote 0
Sorry, I did that, didn't know if you meant there was a reset button or something like you mentioned on the airave. I actually had to unplug everything to move the modem and router to another location so in doing that, I assume I reset it. I will try resetting the airave when I get home and see if that does the trick. This is why I come here instead of spending 2 hours on the phone with sprint tech. Thanks for your help, hopefully this will get it going.

Upvote 0
I originally set it up without the router, but when I called sprint tech last night they told me to go ahead and plug the router in as it would make things go faster. I woke up this morning and the gps is full green, the broadband is flashing green and the mobile is flashing amber. I did see something in here about having the router 6 feet away from the airave, mine is only about 3 feet apart so maybe I should try moving that as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones