Sprint and EVO 4G owners

Last Updated:

1. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently trying to determine if I want to switch my wife and I over to Sprint and get 2 HTC EVO 4G's.

I know that Sprint offers a 30 day money back guarantee, so i'im thinking i might try it out for 15 - 20 days and if I like it, switch hers over as well.

NOW, if I go into Bestbuy and buy one and get a new number, and don't cancel my AT&T account, can I port my number from AT&T later, say in the 15-20 day window if I decide I want to keep the EVO?

And can I convert my account to a family plan and add my wife no problem?

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Yes.

Yes.

Whenever you want, just call Sprint's porting department.

3. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet, thanks man, this might work well because I can always get the 4G now, use it for a while and if it doesn't wow me, i can get the iphone 4 instead.

Thanks,

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Trust me, it WILL wow you. My wife and I both picked them up Friday and both just love it.

5. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

They can port it back within the 30 days if you need to cancel, or so I'm told. Nice.

6. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

I know somebody who took the plunge on an iPhone earlier this year and was so fed up with the constant dropped calls on AT&T that she broke her contract and got an EVO. What she realized is that the EVO can do at least everything the iPhone can do and the service was better.

You (probably) won't regret it.

7. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

I personally would rather go to a Sprint Corporate Store (not a third-party retailer but a Sprint company owned and operated store) rather than Best Buy. The Sprint Corporate Store will stand behind the hardware and the Sprint service. If there or plan changes are hardware issues necessary post purchase - the Sprint employee can handle them on-site with. With Best Buy - they just want to make the sale.

8. ecb

ecb Well-Known Member

You can port your number over at any time. I'm purchased the EVO and I'm seeing if I want to use it or the HTC Incredible (which I also purchased) If I end up keeping the EVO, I'll port my Verizon number over.

You should be able to add a line and convert your wife over to Sprint with no problem.

For all the bashing Sprint customer service gets, my experiences have been good. I tried the Spring Overdrive and didn't like it so I canceled within 30 days. Sprint did send me a bill for an activation fee and partial month but it just took a call to customer support to get the charges removed.